WD MY Cloud Lose connection

hi,

I’ve had my WD clould ($TB) for a week and it’s impossible to work with.
Lose connection after 5 minutes.

Drive returns ping but does not respond to any device. Not even to the setup page.
I have to wait about 10 minutes and I can work with him for another 5 minutes.

Any solution ? I have + 2 weeks to test it. Otherwise I will return it.

THX

Have you tried putting an Ethernet switch/hub in between the My Cloud and the network router? Some have reported that solved certain issues especially if due to issues with a broadband ISP provided router/gateway like those provided by AT&T Uverse.

Bennor,

No i don’t have. but i have 1 router Vodafone huawei HG8247Q with 4 gigabts port. i have 1 hub but only with 100mbits.
i don’t want to put anything more between them.

Since he can ping the device, and has intermittent access, I don’t think it’s the AT&T auto-negotiation problem.

OP: how are you accessing the drive? What device/OS/connection method?

Have you put any data on it?

Have you tried resetting it?

What are the LEDs showing?

Have you tried a different router port/different cable?

OP: how are you accessing the drive? What device/OS/connection method?
it’s working one day, now i need to Power Off/power On to see disk
Have you put any data on it?
Yes 300GB
Have you tried resetting it?
many times
What are the LEDs showing?
Fixed Blue Light
Have you tried a different router port/different cable?
no , i will

Using a separate switch/hub is a troubleshooting step to try and eliminate the router as being a potential problem in periodically dropping the connection.

Are all devices on the network loosing access to the My Cloud and if so at the same time? Are those devices that are loosing access on WiFi or a mix of WiFi and Ethernet?

only my cloud is off. and now i can’t restart (fixed blue light) ping works , but no access

I did the factory reset (I lost all the files) and so far it seems okay

That ■■■■■. I’m looking for solutions. Now that it happens, I won’t consider buying 20TB WD My Book duo.

Very strange is Ping is OK. Just that all FTP, SSH disconnecting every few minutes. I can’t transfer files. The drive is literally useless now.

I’m having the same issue with my Gen 2.

Seems to be happening with the latest firmware update 2.30.193 (05/08/2018) but I can’t be conclusive.

Tried system only reset, manual reinstalling the firmware, static IP, Setting the IP outside the DCHP range and almost any solution suggested in the forums.

I can still Ping the device via IP.
Will try to see if SSH works.
The device disconnects in less than an hour after unplugging the device.
I am unable to access the dashboard.
The first time I ran a reset the device stayed connected for 12 hours.

Sent a support and RMA case to WD but have ZERO response after a few days.

Don’t know what to do other than waiting and hoping the next firmware update could fix this.

I am considering a rollback for the older firmware versions but I can’t find the links to them.

@jaziel

Trust me. I have tried downgrade, upgrade. None of them works perfectly.

I did believe this stability issue came with later firmware releases (not the one when we first purchase the device).

And auto-update triggered such problem and only that time, we knew we got the issue.

For me, I wasted some days getting hands dirty with my own.

Below is my solved issue. Not 100% though. I still face connection loss for an hour sometimes. So I use FileZilla which I tuned to try file upload/download after a few minutes and it works for me now.

Good luck! People recommends Synology brand. But it’s way more expensive for home user.

https://community.wd.com/t/solved-wdmycloud-how-i-fix-intermittent-connection-issue/223414

So I tried downgrading the firmware a version below which did not work. looking at the release notes, I may need to go further back.
it survived for a total of 15 minutes.

I am unable to FTP or SSH to the drive as it just did not respond.

I cannot unfortunately do a full reset at I have at least about 100gigs of important data in there and I CANNOT reliably keep it alive while It’s taking hours copying the files.

the only option i could think of is to disassemble the drive and copy the files via SATA cable or something.

I am quite at a lost here as on one hand my data is stuck in the device and I do not want to void any warranties