My Cloud losing connection after firmware update!

After firmware update my My Cloud is losing connection and I can’t upload anything because the file starts and always begin again.

Trying to connect by dashboard, but always some errors shows up. Like 200005 e 200001…

Someone can help me?

Hello and welcome to the WD Community.

What firmware are you running on the unit? is that the latest?

If you are running the latest version, please try contacting WD Support for direct assistance.

WD Contact info:

http://support.wdc.com/country/index.asp?lang=en%22

How are you determining the connection is lost?

Have you set a static IP? what happens when you ping the IP?

is this local or remote? what are you using to transfer the files?

I was connected to Dashboard trying to see my configurations but sometimes I couldn’t navigate through the menu. 

Using the software My Cloud Desktop I upload a file with almost 800Mb but the Upload was restarting without finish.

During the ping test I could see that sometimes the response time was 14 ~ 19ms. At this time, I couldn’t connect to My Cloud Dashboard. When the time was <1ms my connection was ok.

how long ago did you do the firmware upgrade? depending on drive content it could take a day or 2 to settle down, more if not left alone

the 14-19ms is not bad. is there anything else going on at the time that is using a fair amount of network bandwidth? I suspect it is just mycloud peformance but it could be external

can you copy the file with File Explorer  or Finder? how does this work.

for most usage File Explorer/Finder is better for local access and the WD app is better for remote access.

do you use SSH? if so run top and past the results

have you recently uploaded a lot of media files?

I updated with no data inside… I didn’t know that I needed to wait about 2 days… So I downgraded to v3 Firmware and now it works really well…

Later I’ll try to update again… 

Thanks for helping…

with no data it should settle down quickly, I had lots of meida when I upgraded

what about other traffic? running top?

The traffic wasn’t good… But now I updated again… When arrive at my home I’ll check the update… If it’s ok i’ll let you know and close this post.

Yestarday I successfully updated to the latest firmware and now it works really well…

Probably the last time that I tried, WD was with 2Gb of data causing a long time to settle down. 

I’d like to say thanks to everyone… 

After staying on fw 3.x for the last year without any issues, i finally caved in and I upgrade my 3TB two days ago as Fw4.x gives atleast %30 faster data speeds and i can confrm that part.

But today in the morning i noticed that i could not access my data on the drive. I could ping the IP but i could not access the samba share or even ssh to the drive.

I’m an advanced user. I use dhcp on the drive side my router assigns a static IP to the drive based on MAC.

I also dont use any of the media features of the drive, Twonky, Itunes servers are permanently disabled.

I have no USB drives attched to the WD My cloud. I strictly use it for windows samba only.

I had to power cycle the drive to get access back to my data. Does anyonle still have these issues with the latest firmware?

I have 3 MyCloud devices on my network.  All running FW v04.01.02-417.  Everything was working just fine until recently.  The drive that I back up all of our workstation system images to lost connection.  I could ping it and, if I refreshed the page enough, I could access the UI but the connection wasn’t stable enough to make any changes to the device.  I tried all of the different physical resets with no luck.  Steady blue light but unuseable device. 

I opened a case on my warranty and got an RMA setup.  I received the replacement this week.  I updated to the same recent firmware (not thinking this was the problem seeing as my other two devices are using the same version), low and behold…SAME problem.

Any advice on how I can downgrade the fw would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Probably it’s happen with you…  Look the messages…

Re: My Cloud losing connection after firmware update!

Options

Wednesday

how long ago did you do the firmware upgrade? depending on drive content it could take a day or 2 to settle down, more if not left alone

the 14-19ms is not bad. is there anything else going on at the time that is using a fair amount of network bandwidth? I suspect it is just mycloud peformance but it could be external

can you copy the file with File Explorer  or Finder? how does this work.

for most usage File Explorer/Finder is better for local access and the WD app is better for remote access.

do you use SSH? if so run top and past the results

have you recently uploaded a lot of media files?

I’m so fed up with this these drives cant even begin to explain.

ive had two my cloud drives form two years ago. They were on 3.x Fw until about a month ago. When i updated both to 4,x FW. 

Then one day, one of the drives had issues and had to be RMA’ed, they sent me a new one few days ago. For some other reasons i had to open up the drive case and found out that it has a newer controller board and a different looking WD red drive, in the sense that it has a black sticker intead of the red sticker my other WD my cloud has.

Now for the past several days, this new drive has been losing network conenction on daily basis, sometimes twice in a day. Same symtoms as others here.

Solid blue LED.

read network leds functioning as normal

Drive IP is not pingable

Obviously no dashboard.

I have always had ALL extra services, itunes, twonky, wdmediserver, wdphotomerger  disabled. The later two disabled via ssh.

I have never had these issue with my two drives that i bougth in 2013. i’m begning to think that these newer drives or even the ones from 2014 have this network loss issue. Either the disk is the problem or the controller board.

What the **bleep** am i do with these… 

The Mods here keep closing threads by saying a new fw was released that fixes the issue, but it doesnt!!! 

Shame on you WD, I’m so fed up with you and HATE YOUR Products. I will NEVER EVER EVER BY ANYTHING MADE BY WD.