WD My Cloud Home Device Offline

Hi! Generally have that issue when trying to read video 1080p 16 mb/s. During uploading files through network (other alternative is usb), i observe that the upload speed and reading (download) speed is not higher than 18 mb/s. so, i thing the problem is there; speed transfer is too low. Do your offline appears during reading video?

Mine has just gone offline but is online locally (all folders/files). No cloud access and I am using the same router so the problem seems to be at WD’s end. Has anyone, like anyone, had any resolution?

Hi guys, I recently moved house and reconnected my device and its showing a solid white light but saying its offline when I look on my phone or laptop so wont back up.
ANy ideas as to why?

HI! Same problem here since last sofware update at the end of March and last My Cloud Home reboot. Solid White light and device offline, although my rooter is giving him an IP adress, and I can ping normally to that IP address.

Anyway, pluging the MCH Hard Drive via SATA to my Linux Machine, I noticed that the original names and folder structure of all my files is gone, and its replaced by alphabetically sorted folders and Object ID names for the files.

Does someone know a way to retrieve this original folder structure and file names, so I can recover my beloved files and put this MCH in the garbage once for all?

hey all you cool cats and kittens, I’m having this issue too. No power went out at my place and it had been working reliably since the last time it went down for no raisin.

Sigh. And WD is still silent on the issue, outside of occasional “check this link” sh!tposts where the page is full of useless, unrelated info.

Hello: I am facing the same problem… What i found is that he OS change the names of the files, but doesn’t encript it. so What i am in the middle of the process to locate the files, and identify one by one…

Guys please go to this post and follow the comments there. This guy develloped a python script that can be run in a linux enviroment (USB flashdrive with ubuntu try or Ubuntu installed PC, really simple to use) and it works! You only need to plug your WD Hardrive via SATA or USB case and have another device (external or internal) to put the recovered files, and thats it. This guy save my life, ive recovered all! I will provide support to all of you non linux users and advice you by private msg or email, so feel free to ask.

1 Like

I bought the My Cloud Home 3Tb 2 days ago.
After 2 days of struggling with it (random shutdowns or disconnection), I did a hard reset of my My Cloud Home 3Tb this morning.
It was online like for a bit more than 2 hours then went offline.
I can ping it, I can see it on my local network… But I can’t access my files anymore…
WD servers down?

1 Like

Can anybody confirm that the WD servers are down and therefore our devices appear offline? My device is showing a slow-flashing LED light…

i don’t have that problem. my device is online. may be your internet connection

I solved the problem, returned this piece of junk to the store and ordered a Synology DS118. Bit more expansive but at least it’ll work and no need for external server!
Thanks WD for no support at all (never had someone on the phone, my support requests for troubleshooting never had any answer).
It’s the first time EVER i’m returning a purchase to a store. Oh and i’ll never ever buy anything from WD anymore, I even bought a Seagate HDD for my Synology.
Again thanks again WD.

4 Likes

How have you solved your problem MrGrieves? Thanks to share

Any one have any idea still not working internal network fine try and connect from the out side world no good just shows of line and things to try to fix with no joy.

Hi thats the same thing I’m getting. says off line but clicking on my email says sign out.so I’m signed in but off line and my internet is working

Hi I have a solid blue light on my device but when i sign in it says off line. I can access photos on my phone but not the iMac

You are not in the right forum. This one is about My Cloud Home.

1 Like

hi I got It working had to use internet explorer not google but went in to the setting turned of the cloud access then turned it of it then came up with a port forward massage I turned it off again then turn back on with in a few mins connection was made. hope this helps

SCUSA ma come hai fatto, puoi spiegare meglio? grazie

So go to the wd dashboard (ip address) then settings then network scroll down and it should say cloud access on the screen I pressed the off then back on and came up with port forwarding I clicked it back off and on and came up with connection established. Hopefully this has helped my phone app is still not working… all this was in Internet Explorer not inGoogle Chrome or edge

grazie ma a me, anche non explorer, non riesce proprio a trovare my cloud all’IP assegnato dal router.