Wd file and dashboard do not show in windows 7 and windows 8 under wifi but show in windows with ethernet port

hi all,
my wd cloud (4TB)'s file and dashboard do not show in windows 7 and windows 8 under wifi but show in windows with cable ethernet port.
This WD worked file before 2019, but in Jan this year i found i can’t access WD and WD dash board under windows 7 and windows 8.1 PC with wifi interface, but once i changed the PC with ethernet cable connection, all worked again.

To solve this issue, i tried to downgrade the WD firmware version but did not work. I also observed this i can access WD from linux PC with the same wifi connection (dual system win+linux), i also can access it from android phone.
To address the issue, i also captured the wifi log from wireshark, it show the frame from the WD device ip had many FCS error which could prevent the http layer to ignore the frames.

The PC and WD device connects to a netgear home wifi router and WD device connects to the router’s ethernet port (100M full deplex from WD SSH shell).

BTW, i can ssh to WD device in windows under wifi interface.

Any good idea to solve my issue?
Thanks,

Joy Song

What does the wireshark log show when it is working? What you seem to have a problem with is the PC talking to the router using WIFI but not Ethernet cable connection. I would check the wireshark log while using each type of connections that you mentioned. Check for a difference.

Hey! Dealing with tech glitches can be a headache. If WD Cloud plays nice with Ethernet but acts up on WiFi, it might be a router or WiFi card issue. Have you tried updating WiFi drivers on your Windows 7 and 8 PCs? Also, check router settings; sometimes, a tweak there can do wonders. Keep an eye on those FCS errors, too; they might spill the beans on where the issue lies. If nothing of this helps, consider buying windows 11 professional. The newer Windows version you have, the better it works. Good luck!

Hmm, strange issue! I’ve had better experiences with WD Cloud on WiFi. Maybe a firmware update directly on the WD device could help? Worth a shot!