Unable to open mycloud account.activation code required

Guys I had been trying to open and activate my wdmycloud account since 2018 but without success I don’t know what am I doing wrong.I connect my cloud to my router then I download the setup software and try to activate my account then boom I’m requested to insert an activation code which I don’t hAve.I’m stuck please help

WD My Cloud’s don’t need an Activation code unless you’re using Remote Access and the My Cloud App

My … My Cloud works fine connected to my router without an Activation Code … i’m not using Remote Access, but if i was … then i would open the My Cloud Dashboard UI, enable Cloud Access (Settings>General) then click “Cloud Access”, click on the User Account i want Remote Access for and click “Get Code”

@Barnie78 Is this what you own WDMyCloudImage ?

If not, you are in the wrong sub-forum. Go back to the WD Community and look at the different devices, (Pictures) and try to find the correct sub-forum for your device.

The single bay/single drive My Cloud does not use a 9 digit activation code.

Where Do I Find A 9 Digit Activation Code?
https://support-en.wd.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3763

The 9 digit activation code cannot be found on, is not required and is not needed for the following WD Products:

• My Passport, My Book, WD Elements, EasyStore, Gaming Drive

• My Passport Wireless, Pro, SSD

• My Book Live, My Book Live Duo

• My Cloud, Mirror, Mirror Gen2, EX2, EX2 Ultra, EX4, EX2100/4100, DL2100/4100, PR2100/PR4100

Thanks for your response Joey.Let me put it this way.I connect my cloud to the wireless WiFi router and power them both then wait for the solid blue light on the mycloud then I connect my mobile phone to that network then I go to wd.com/setup to open an account but then my mobile phone can’t locate mycloud that’s my problem

Try accessing the My Cloud Dashboard with the phone’s web browser, once the phone is connected (via Wifi) to the same local network as the My Cloud. One uses the My Cloud Dashboard to configure/setup the My Cloud device. The WD TV Live just simplifies the process of setting up a My Cloud device if one doesn’t connect directly the My Cloud Dashboard.

How to access the Dashboard on a My Cloud (single bay) device
https://support-en.wd.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/15104