Unable to login MYCLOUD

So now that the WD servers are up and running. I’ve updated the firmware to 5.26.119. I can log into my dashboard ok and logged in to my cloud access. ok. However I can not get Windows Explorer or the Android app My Cloud OS 5, ver 4.22.0.2040 connected. I’ve rebooted the cloud and my PC.
I appreciate any help.
THANKS
Danny

@DannyShamoon
For File Explore try \\WDMYCLOUD or enter the name of your device. This should get you to your shares.

I used the Android app this morning while I was away from my home to check it out and I didn’t have any problem.

Yep that’s what I’ve got, just can’t connect. It asks for my credentials for login, it has username as admin and asks for my pw and I enter it and error comes back as I don’t have access. As far as I can tell, I have the latest up to date on mobile app, and cloud for firmware. As for the Android app I enter my email and password and get an error that it that there was a problem in the creation of the account.
Puzzling is my adim and pw work for accessing my dashboard.
Thanks for the help.
Danny

What is the specific error message in Windows?

Have you tried accessing the My Cloud Dashboard and checked and or changing the admin user password?

For Windows, one may have to access the Windows Credentials Manager and remove any entries for the local network My Cloud. Then reboot the Windows PC and try accessing a My Cloud Share again.

I had not tried to remove the saved credentials. Here’s the error

I will change the dashboard password too and see.
Thanks
Danny
UPDATE
I changed my pw thru the dashboard. I removed the WDMYCLOUD from the credentials manager, rebooted pc and tried to connect to cloud by Windows Explorer. Same error message.
I can access my files by os5.mycloud.com with my old pw and see all my files on the cloud.
In the dashboard I have Shares Access “ON”, and the home view it shows Cloud Access as CONNECTED.
I have tried to connect with the mobile app using new pw and it say incorrect. Old pw I get this

Danny

Don’t confuse the separate MyCloud.com username/password with the local network My Cloud Share User Name and password that one creates through the My Cloud Dashboard > User tab. They typically are two different sets of user name and passwords. For local network access to a Private Share one normally does not use an email address. As to your screen capture showing the Windows error, the answer for the reason you cannot login is stated right in the error: “Multiple connections to a server or shared resource by the same user, using more than one user name, are not allowed.”

Windows doesn’t like a user to use two different sets of user names and passwords to access a local network Share/NAS. Check the My Cloud Dashboard > Users tab to see the user name and password. Then use that information to access the local network My Cloud Share that the user has permission to access. Don’t use the online/remote access login (mycloud.com) for local network access.

@DannyShamoon

What did you name your device, was it WDMYCLOUD? The image below shows what I get when I enter \\WDMYCLOUD. It also shows one of my shares along with my other My Cloud.

When I click on my device I see my shares.

I think this is correct.

The WEB functions use a completely different set of credentials than local access from a device on your network.

It’s moronic - - - > but makes sense once you realize that the authentication systems (one being WD; the other being your NAS) are entirely separate and distinct. Last I recall; the password rules were not even the same on the two systems.

Thanks for the help. I think my brain has gone to mush now.
Trying to access \WDMYCLOUD in win explorer its a Windows Security I change to use a different account and was able to access and see all my files, EXCEPT trying to access WDSync, it asks for user and pw. I’ve tried the same user and password that i used to access the cloud but no luck. So I’m halfway there. I just remember if I need to setup WDSync again for ?
I’m sorry for the issues I’m having BUT I do APPRECIATE the help and support.
Danny

I finnaly got access to the cloud from explorer, but can’t access my WDSync folder. won’t accept my passwords or user. I’m going nuts over it. If I can only get my OS5 app to accept my user and password I’m almost golden.
Thanks for the help and I APPRECIATE it and the support.
Danny

Any idea why I can’t get my OS5 mobile app to connect? after entering my email and password, it has a spinning icon for a while then I get the message I inserted above, SOMETHING WENT WRONG.
Thanks again
Danny

Double check that you have Cloud Access enabled for the My Cloud user who’s account you are using to log into when using the OS5 My Cloud mobile app. Remember the OS5 My Cloud app likely uses the MyCloud.com username and login information not the local network My Cloud user name and login. Sometimes a reboot or power cycle of the OS5 My Cloud will fix certain remote access issues.

Note that WD Sync has been end of WD Support for some time.

WD Sync: End of Support
GoodSync Free and Premium for WD My Cloud
My Cloud: Install GoodSync 3rd Party App
My Cloud: GoodSync for WD Multiple Folder Sync
Western Digital Product Lifecycle Support Policy
Third Party Backup, Clone and Sync Software Options for Windows and macOS

If one is using the MyCloud.com web portal or OS5 My Cloud mobile app for remote access it is possible certain Shares (WD Sync or Smartware for example) may be hidden from the remote user to prevent inadvertent data erasure.

• Service Outage

12 Apr 2023 RESOLVED

Services are back online and fully operational.

WHEREEE??? I CAN’T ACCESS VIA APP OR VIA WWW.OS5.MYCLOUD.COM :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage:

@tdscoutinho
You have piggybacked on this topic; you should have created your own topic. Try this simple link,
My Cloud (mycloud.com)

If you place your mouse pointer over the link above and look at the bottom left of your screen, if you are using Windows, then you will see the correct way to enter the address.

Have you tried rebooting your My Cloud device? Have you checked the My Cloud Dashboard to ensure Cloud Access is enabled and the user has appropriate access? If you are being asked to log into MyCloud.com or the OS5 My Cloud mobile app, are you using the MyCloud.com login information? That login information is different than the user name and password used for local network My Cloud Private Share access.

Cloud Access doesn’t turn ON. The Login dialog page freezes an only say “Updating…”

2 Likes

Well YES I rebooted the cloud last night and now this morning it seems that I can no access my WDSync folder and my files. Hummmmm. MY files sync is running to update the files I used during the server being down. I’m still having problems with OS5 mobile app not connecting. I’ll keep trying there. It seems that when I put my email and password, I get the spinning icon that I think its looking to connect, but it comes back and says “something went wrong We encounter an issue with account creation. you can try again to creat account or sign in” and the only option is to try again.
THANKS very much for the help and support for my problems.
Danny

Not sure if Your issue is the same we encountered in our company - on local access in network cloud device was visible: there was public, time machine, and proper personal folder, but when I tried to enter correct login and password had the same error - not accesible etc. The access had dissapear just like that on few PCs, despite it worked previously. The device was reseted, new local access login and new password given but with no positive efect. Online, all content was visible and reachable.

We discovered that in PC that had never been connected before to device the local access was granted, but in the ones that worked correct previously not. What worked: changing Windows name of PC in local network. After that it connected properly. Even when name was changed second time to old name of PC (for local printer and scanner purpose, so it don’t have to be configured once more), the local access was still working.

Maybe this will help anyone.