Unable to login to My Cloud Dashboard

HI, 

I recently bought a 2TB WD My cloud and hooked it to my router, everything looked fine initally. I could see the network drive in Finder window in my Mac Book. In the Dash board I saw there was a firmware update available, which I did and after rebooting I am not able to login to the dashboard.  The dashboard asks for username and password, I tried admin/admin and also admin/() and nothing worked. I tried the 4 second re-set and also the 40 second restore, but nothing helped. The dashboard still asks for a Username/Password and admin/admin, admin/< no password> they still dont work.

Kindly please help me, I am not sure what else to do now.

When you first started up the drive, and was setting everything up, it asked you for a user name. This was the admin account that was created during the setup process.

You would want to use that username to login keeping the password blank.

Hi Thanks for the help.

When I first started the app, I created a user account and the dash board threw an error (something like the divice is not able to connect to internet of some sought). since the account did not get created properly I deleted the Account from dash board. But As soon as I created an Account I got an email for Product Registration.

After that I thought a Firmware update might resolve the issue, and did the update through the Dashboard and since then I have this issue. I called up Tech support and no help either.

I had the same problem with my device which was installed a couople of days ago, but I also could not access my device from either hardline connected desktop computer or laptop via wifi. Elsewhere on the site there was a suggestion to cycle power (pulling the plug) on the device, which did restore my desktop access (after passwords) through both Dashboard and the generic WDMyCloud application. However, I still could not establish access through my laptop via wifi and access via my hardline connected desktop computer then also dropped a second time (perhaps because I tried the laptop). Another power recycle again re-established access through the Dashboard. WD had better get this problem fixed quickly, or my device will be returned! The only reason I tried it is so I could keep current work on the MyCloud and then access it as required while away from my office, it is worth nothing if I can’t do that.

Hi Bob,… I tried it but no Joy :(.

Our My Cloud and My Book Live users are experiencing intermittent issues with WD servers that enable remote access when using these products.  These issues include poor transfer speeds and/or inability to connect remotely.  We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and we are working very hard to resolve these issues and resume normal service as soon as possible.  We thank you for your patience and will provide updates as they are available.

1 Like

Bill_S wrote:

Our My Cloud and My Book Live users are experiencing intermittent issues with WD servers that enable remote access when using these products.  These issues include poor transfer speeds and/or inability to connect remotely.  We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and we are working very hard to resolve these issues and resume normal service as soon as possible.  We thank you for your patience and will provide updates as they are available.

I’m sorry, Bill - But without sounding too sarcastic, what goes on in your team meetings at WD? Do you discuss how you guys can wind customers up or something? Is it like a ‘pick a regurgitated excuse out of the hat’ team building exercise? Please share the insight!

HI Bill,

This issue is related to initial Setup. I am not able to access the Dashboard.

The way to replicate the issues is:-

1.  During the initial setup, create a User,

2. Delete the user again and

3. Do a Firmware update

After that, when you try to access the Dashboard, it asks for username and password. 

I tried all combinations but no success.  Is it possible to add something like Forgot password? (in your next update).

raviuk, You were escalated for further help.

bluenoze22 wrote:

Bill_S wrote:

I’m sorry, Bill - But without sounding too sarcastic, what goes on in your team meetings at WD? Do you discuss how you guys can wind customers up or something? Is it like a ‘pick a regurgitated excuse out of the hat’ team building exercise? Please share the insight!

Sorry, guys, if I had something to share I would.  As soon as I get an update, I will post something.

I received this same message by email (unprovoked) earlier this week.

I was impressed by the proactive approach.

3 days later however - Still no access from my Android phone.

Nothing on the WD boards.

This is ridiculous.

Bill, please provide an update!

Bill_S wrote:

Hi Raviuk

Did you get a fix for this from WD? I’ve got innto the same loop/state.

The following is found on the dashboard, all users should keep track of any User Names and Passwords they set up.

About Users

Everyone who accesses your personal cloud must have a user account for the WD My Cloud drive. As the WD My Cloud owner, you have a special user account (admin) that gives you administrator privileges. With these privileges, you can set up and configure the drive to your specific needs, as well as add other people to your personal cloud. You have the power to determine exactly what other users can access on the drive.

As a default, the admin user name does not have a password. You can add one anytime.

Important: When initially setting up your drive, you have the opportunity to change the administrator name and set an optional password while running the WD My Cloud setup software or Getting Started wizard. Make sure you keep track of the name and password. You won’t be able to display the WD My Cloud web interface without those credentials.

Posted by,
cat0w (USA)

I have setup my dashboard, I know my username. I am certain my password is only one of three I use and still I cannot log on to my dashboard… Why not, and why is there no forgot my password link?

1 Like

Hi Ragnorak,

I’m in the same situation, Dashboard will not accept my passwork or user name. I also cannot connect remotely, hopefully there will be an update once i get into the Dashboard.

Having read this thread and others, relating to my two issues, it seems that WD are not doing alot.

Tony

Do a system reset using the 40s button option. Unplug the device, press the reset button, keep it pressed, plug the device back in, then wait 40s before releasing the reset button. The device should beep and restart. This will delete access rights or users and passwords, but not the content.

When accessing the UI after that, type the user name you set up as admin, leave the password field blank.

1 Like

I found a couple things that created some sharing and folder permission access issues when I created folders from my local network outside of the Public Share Folder.

What transpired here: Do User Folders go to a sub-folder of Public Share if they are set as Public ?

1. When I created a folder from windows at  the same level as Public Share it  messed up the last user secure share folder that I created from the Dashboard. The last user created folder showed up under the Public Share Folder.

I thing WD should write protect the root of this drive and only allow folders created outside of Dashboard to be done under the Public Share.

1. I recommend NOT using the admin user name to create any folder under this name beyond what is done automatically by the Dashboard.

Create a user for yourself and share folders with this “User Name” for you (the Dashboard Admin).

All my folders and permissions are correct at this time.

Hi Bill,

When this is resolved would you please pin this to the front page so it will be available forthwith for everyone to see.

Thanks,

New User Bobby

YooCloud wrote:

Hi Bill,

When this is resolved would you please pin this to the front page so it will be available forthwith for everyone to see.

Thanks,

New User Bobby

I’ll see what I can do.

I am having a “similar” issue. I know my name and password. It momentarily logs in then it flashes back to the sign-on/login page?

Restarting the WD drive works for a day or so but then it returns to this same problem. 

I would rather not unplug the drive each time I needed to obtain access to its firmware.