Time Machine Stopped working 4/6/24 after Ventura update

Time Machine is stuck on “Connecting to backup disk”.

I have:

• Rebooted My Cloud Home
  • Rebooted Mac
  • Booted Mac in Safe Mode
  • disconnected backup drive from Time Machine and reconnected it
  • called Apple Support

I can see my files in the WD My Cloud Home App, and I can see the sparse volume in finder

Anyone else venture to guess what the problem is this time???

Thanks!!!

Here is what shows in the log

2024-04-10 14:55:05.516610-0400 localhost TimeMachineSettings[1668]: (TimeMachine) [com.apple.TimeMachine:MountedVolumeMonitor] Failed to create volume info from disk ‘<TMDisk: 0x15001b200> ‘/System/Volumes/Data/home’’, error: missingURLForRemounting

It is always macOS, the famously defective OS.

Time Machine do not work on MacOS 13.5.1 Ventura and DSM 7.2
OaklandJoe @oaklandjoe
Oct 27, 2023

Following up: After opening a support ticket with Synology, and receiving a similar (boilerplate?) response to the one they provided when I reported the first incidence of this issue, I found a different solution that solved the problem for me immediately, and without resorting to enabling AFP: After making sure I had backups of the current passwords for logging in as an admin on my NAS, I opened Keychain Access, searched all keychains for records related to my NAS, and deleted them. Once I did this, I removed/reattached my existing Time Machine backup shared folder in Time Machine, and it immediately worked just fine. It was able to continue backing up to the existing encrypted Time Machine backup, and has been working as expected, backing up every hour, since. Hope it helps!