Sonos error: Unable to play “song name” the connection to my cloud home was lost

Hi, I have MyCloud Home. I have copied all my music to it from iMac. I setup the my home music service for Sonos. When I try to play music through Sonos I get the above message. Sonos is updates across all devices. MyCloud Home is at latest update. I can play Spotify Service through Sonos. If I revert to playing music off iMac through Sonos it works. I can browse to MyCloud Home off iPhone, iMac and MacBook Pro and see all music files. The MyCloud is directly connected to router. All devices mentioned above use WiFi to connect tin sonos. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Julie

Have you tried connecting the Sonos through Ethernet instead of Wi-Fi?
IE" process of elimination

I am having the same problem. I can play one song, then the error message comes up immediately after the song is over. Then it keeps trying to play the next song on the album, and the message pops up again immediately. It keeps repeating until I close the sonos app.

I am brand new to Mycloud Home due to the removal of “on this phone” from the IOS Sonos app.

Sonos is very frustrating now.

Should probably contact Sono’s Support Help and Support | Sonos

Did you ever get to the bottom of this problem. I have the exact same thing happening on my father-in-law system and tried everything that sonos suggest, can see the tracks on my cloud but just tells me losing connection when trying to play the track?
Going to try an new router next. I must admit the who,e sonos set up has seemed to be very technical and I work in software! I have a Bose and this was a breeze to set up…
Any tips?

same issue. not sure if its the Sonos speaker or the WD Mycloud. The WD is hard wired to my router

Hi, I’ve had the same issue, finally (after many weeks) got to the bottom of it.
From WD engineers, the private user space DOES NOT SUPPORT SMB1.
As Sonos needs SMB1 to be used you can’t use the system or process that WD recommend and have built into their discovery app.

WD need to sort this or provide a compatible alternative.

As is the system will not stream music to Sonos and it is therefore NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE!

You can get round it by storing your music in the PUBLIC space, but it’s not recommended (by WD), and you can’t use the nice sort features in the Sonos app as your music is just stored as a folder.

I hope this helps.