Sonos: “<song name> is no longer available on My Cloud Home”

I have music on my My Cloud Home (M4A and MP3), and when I connect my laptop to it, I can play the music, so I know it is accessible.

I configured the My Cloud Home in Sonos via the My Cloud Home service. It was very straightforward and it detected the music and displays the lists of albums/songs in Sonos.

However, when I try to play any song, I get: “ is no longer available on My Cloud Home”.

Sonos support ran some diagnostics and said that the Sonos sees the music on the My Cloud Home, but when it then requests a file to play, the My Cloud Home does not send back the file.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Did sonos ever work with your my cloud home or have you always got that error when trying to play music via the sonos?

Did you happen to try deleting the music and re-uploading it to the my cloud?

I just bought / set up the My Cloud Home, so I have never gotten it to work with Sonos (although as I said, the Sonos does detect that the music is present and lists the music for me).

I have tried deleting/re-uploading, that didn’t help either.

@sjh what Sonos app are you using? Windows? macOS? iPhone? Android?
I use with Sonos app on iOS (iPhone 8) and do not have this playback issue.

Hi @sjh

In the current implementation of the Sonos service, metadata is populated when the service onboards and then every 6 hours after the initial metadata caching event was complete. You should be able to see and play files after onboarding is complete, however since the metadata is only cached in 6 hour intervals, If you add more files or delete files after the initial population is complete, the metadata for these files will not be cached for 6 hrs from the time the previous population was complete. You must be active in the Sonos app to refresh the data.

From the logs we can see that the last time the metadata population occurred was at 5:04AM 7/10/18 and you were last seen at 10:39AM. Can you please try reopening the app and see if the metadata has now been populated? The next caching event should have occurred at 11:04 AM.

The music was added several days ago, so the 6 hour metadata population should not matter.

When was the last time the music was re-added to the device?

The last time the music was added was a few days ago.
I have seen this error when attempting to play music from the Windows Sonos App as well as the Android Sonos app.

Also, when you asked about the metadata being populated, the metadata is populated - the Sonos sees that the music is there, it is just when I select music to play that the Sonos gets the error message. Again, according to Sonos support, the request for the actual music file to be retrieved from the My Cloud Home is not returning the music file.

Received an email about an hour ago that my My Cloud Home has been updated.
This update seemed to fix that - I previously received that error any time I tried to play music from the My Cloud, and have been playing with it for about an hour now and haven’t had that error once.

However, I now sometimes receive: "Unable to play ‘’ - the connection to My Cloud Home was lost.
". It may skip a couple of songs with this error and then play another song in the queue. Thoughts on what to look for regarding this new problem?

The connection lost error occurs only when My Cloud Home device lose internet connection or is otherwise offline. Sonos default behavior, if it can not play the song for whatever reason it skips the file.

Do you have connectivity to the My Cloud Home via the mobile app or from a computer when the Connection lost error occurs?

Does it skip particular songs or does it seem random? If it skips a song can you come back at a later time and play that same song?

Hard to tell about the connectivity via the app or laptop because it is a split second. It may skip one or several songs with this error although immediately plays another song with no noticable delay.

It seems random, and the skipped songs can be played at a later time.

I can i jump in here since no one has been on here for a couple of years, my sonos and my cloud home have big problems with connecting, you can bet that at least once a week they can not find each other, so what can I to fix this, am gong to buy a different brand cloud as it drives me nuts.