Rollback Firmware?

Having problems with current MyCloud which I believe is related to the new firmware (03.04.01-219) and I would like to rollback my firmware to the previous version 03.03.02-165.  I have downloaded this from the WD site, unpacked to the .deb file and renamed to 030401-220 (per instructions I’ve read that the file must be ‘newer’ than the file I am replacing). 

I keep getting Invalid Firmware error 370001.  Any ideas?

SlimyPizza wrote:

Having problems with current MyCloud which I believe is related to the new firmware (03.04.01-219) and I would like to rollback my firmware to the previous version 03.03.02-165.  I have downloaded this from the WD site, unpacked to the .deb file and renamed to 030401-220 (per instructions I’ve read that the file must be ‘newer’ than the file I am replacing). 

Why not rollback before the purchase decision?

SlimyPizza wrote:

You wrote firmware rename to 030401-220 … that is wrong. The naming convention must match exactly. You left out the decimal points in the name.

1. Rename 03.03.02-165.deb to 03.04.01-220.deb.

Hope this helps.

Thanks but I had renamed the file with the .deb extension.already.  Anyone out there been able to rollback the firmware on their Cloud?

I got it.  SSH into the Cloud and edit etc/version.  Change the file number to something lower than the version you’re trying to install then exit out and proceed with the rollback.  This allowed me to install a previous FW version and do some troubleshooting. 

2 Likes

I’m trying to rollback FW as well. What does “SSH into the Cloud” mean?

SSH is accessing the My Cloud via a command line interface, you need to enable it via the GUI interface, and it could invalidate your warranty if things go wrong. 

There are other threads in here which could help you but unless you’re completely comfortable with using a command line then you may be best going straight to WD tech support.

Going to … what…? :smileyvery-happy:

Please read these two guides and choose one that suits your level of skill / knowledge.
http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-My-Cloud/Tutorial-SSH-Method-Downgrade-v4-firmware-to-v3/m-p/812311#M23232
http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-My-Cloud/Easy-method-to-downgrade-to-previous-version-of-the-firmware/m-p/773073/highlight/true#M18956