Raid 1 and JBOD?

Hi

Will the EX4100 support 2 different setups.

eg I’d like Raid1 on 2x 6TB drives, and then 2 separate drives either as individual or JBOD

(I will be adding the 2 separates drives at a later date)

Thanks In Advance

I have this same exact question.

Can I start with 2 drives, say 5 TB in RAID 1

and then add 2 new disks later in JBOD, without having to format the 1st 2 disk in RAID 1.

Similarily, can I add a second set of identical disks at a latter point and have another / different RAID 1 setup, without having to reformat.

I look forward to an answer to your post because it is a very good question and I didn’t see it addressed in the manual.

Kind Regards,

Jack

I cannot answer your questions, but today in the forum for the DL Business Series someone asked a similar question.  So, check both the EX and DL forums for ideas since both devices are very similar (and have the same user manual)…

http://community.wd.com/t5/My-Cloud-Business-Series/DL4100-Adding-new-disks/td-p/886674

Sharkey63rd wrote:

Hi

Will the EX4100 support 2 different setups.

eg I’d like Raid1 on 2x 6TB drives, and then 2 separate drives either as individual or JBOD

(I will be adding the 2 separates drives at a later date)

Thanks In Advance

Yes, you can start with 2 drives and setup as RAID 1/0 or JBODs.  Later, you can add a drive or two more drives to setup as JBODs or RAID 1/0 on those two new drives.