DL4100: Adding new disks

Hi All

Just bought a diskless DL4100 and put a new disk in - just the one for the moment - RAIDed as JBOD (the only choice).

Now I have shares and files on the disks guys, backup to ElephantDisk, how do I add 3 more disks AND change the RAID to 10 without wiping the files? Is this possible please.

Have a external drive with the files backed up, but worried that if i wipe I am at risk to the external disk

Regards

JS

Not sure.  The wizard will tell you if it will migrate or wipe your data once you start and you can cancel.  But even if it said migrate, you should have backup(s)

jonessteam wrote:

Hi All

Just bought a diskless DL4100 and put a new disk in - just the one for the moment - RAIDed as JBOD (the only choice).

Now I have shares and files on the disks guys, backup to ElephantDisk, how do I add 3 more disks AND change the RAID to 10 without wiping the files? Is this possible please.

Have a external drive with the files backed up, but worried that if i wipe I am at risk to the external disk

Regards

JS

If you have data on the 1st drive and want to add 3 more data and use RAID-10.  It is possible and you want not loose your data.  Just through the option of migrate from JBOD to RAID-10.  Don’t use the option of creating a new RAID-10.  That will wipe all your data and the 1st drive.