Problems with our new My Cloud EX2 Ultra in regards to Connectivity

Hello everyone !

I am currently working in a new graphic design department at my job. It is the first time I have worked with NAS storage since I never had the need for it.

Me and another colleague are using 2018 iMac’s with the last security update for Mac OSX Mojave installed on our machine. We also are working both from Wifi to the EX2 Ultra Unit.

From the beginning (So about 2 months ago), we have had multiple issues regarding the performance of the connection and the speed of transfer.

We are now having problem with folder locations, and what I mean is we try to save a photo from Apple Mail to a folder inside the NAS, and finder forwards us a Message ‘‘Finder could not find the location of this folder’’, or will stall for 4-5 minutes while trying to save to the folder. And we’re talking about a small file (4-5 Mb only).

Are there any best pratices with this type of storage ? We are using a RAID 0 Configuration, so could this affect performance to this point ?

I am sorry for having such little information, we are a bit confused as to why this kind of problems could arise, and thought maybe you could help us understand if there are anything we are missing.

Thank you for your help in advance !

I had a very similar problem a few months back. . . .turned out to be a rouge Win10 update messed up the network protocols. Basically, the PC could not maintain connection to the EX2; resulting in the exact behavior you describe.

Raid 1 vs Raid 0 should not cause this type of problem.

My solution was to disable IPv6 on PC adapters (very strange - - -my router doesn’t really even support IPv6 (maybe that was the problem))?

Start trouble shooting from the beginning; this sounds like a network configuration problem. Remember the two iMacs are running the same software. . . they may have the identical problem. if you have access to a PC or an older Mac; give that a try.

Hope this helps.