Port Forwarding Connection Establishd, But

Hi,
I am able to get “Port Forwarding Connection Established” but after 5-10 minutes, it goes back automatically to “Relay connection established”.
My Settings are:

Please let me know if this is normal or what I am not doing right. Thanks.

In the Asus router use the same internal port as the external port. So for example it would be External port of 8080 to internal port of 8080. Here is an example:

1 Like

Thanks Bennor for reply. Port forwarding connection established and I hope it lasts for longer.
Capture

I agree that Bennor has the right answer.

The port that the MyCloud will look to is entered where you set it in the MyCloud. It needs to match the “internal port” you set in the ASUS router.

If you had two WD Myclouds, the Mycloud and the ASUS internal ports can be the same for both units, but they need different external ports set on the ASUS router.

I was able to establish “Port Forwarding Connection”, but since last week I am only getting Relay Connection. I noticed Port Forwarding settings in Dashboard and found this:
HTTP
HTTPS

Port Forwarding Settings Status: Failed

I didn’t change anything in Router or My Cloud Dashboard. With these same settings I was able to get “Port Forwarding Connection”. Please help…

Anybody?