On and off My Cloud Ex2 Ultra

Hello I have 2 WD Red HD 6TB each in my cloud Ex2 extra

1. ¿how do i switch on and of the ex2 extra? I know is made to work 24/7 but I do not used so much but I do need the system every day when I am not traveling. I know I can set the system to hybernation but later on there is no way to switch on again via http://mycloudex2ultra I need to unplug and plug the cable.

2. How much and hurting the system pluging and unpling everyday?

3. How many years does it live this kind or hard drives and system?

Thank you very much, any help is moren than welcome

Felipe

Your simple questions are answered in the complete user manual. If you can’t find the file on your NAS, you can download the manual from WD Support. Don’t waste other people’s rime by asking these questions.

1 Like

I couldnt find it in the 122 pages of the manual if you were so kind to address me to the right page, happily share that in the post or deleted whatever please the audience! thanks

I can tell you this; it’s not a big deal to keep it running all the time. My DL2100 is on all the time, but only used a little each day. It will go into ENERGY SAVING mode if not being used and slow down the drives and fan. My NAS has a POWER SWITCH on front panel that I can turn it off or on with. Find info in manual regarding the terms in BOLD to see if your NAS has these features.

Mike27oct, I did and follow the steps on page 87 to hybernate and re start the ex2 ultra, but once you hibernate the system, right away turn off the system and there is no way to restart the system so is the same problem. after is turned off I cannot access via web and i need to un plug and plug again

About all day, even when is not working if fully operated fans and hd, the noise is quite evitdent!

Tell me if you have a front panel POWER switch. Why put device in hibernate at all? Did you check Energy Saving setting in dashboard?

I told you I keep my NAS always running and it automatically goes in to some sort of sleep mode because of the Energy saving setting. What’s the problem of doing this?

No Ex2 ultra dont have power switch

If you know when you are not going to use say at night specific time. Do the scheduled power on and off. It works flawlessly the schedule you want. You can make it different each day.

That way i keep it off at night and on during day. As i know i hardly use in night so 6 hrs a day off is suffice for it to run without issues for years to come.

Hi Mike, I do what you mention, but it nevers sleep, it is always running, same noise, same speed, no matter the computer is on or off, and the saving mode is always on! Only reduce the activity when is unpluged

Hi, I follow that tip. bue I am doing something wrong, the ex2 ultra never kind alive when saving the days and time of configuration, and on the other hand, the manual advise to send it to hibernate after configuring the times (in saving energy mode) any idea how to setup properly?

I suggest you contact WD Support soon.

Here you go. Dont shutdown or hibernate. it will automatically do that.

image so the blackout are time it wil be in deep sleep hibernate. the timer will be there once it hit 6 am it will boot itself and run as normal for whole day

Ok Will do so, thanks

Thanks please could you elaborate let see if i get it… in that chart

it will be deep sleep

Tuesday 2 am till 4 am the rest of the day will be on
Wednesday from 4 am till 6 amm will be sleep and the rest of the day on

when is all blue is, that is working all day right?

If i mark tuesday pm it will be sleeping from 2 to 4 pm right?

so maximum it will only sleeps two 4 hours a day right?

thanks a lot in advance much apprecited to fix my work flow

One more thing what is the meaning of the circle marking the day if it is blue, half blue or grey?

and sunday there is no way to send it to sleep i have to do ir unpluging right?

No no.you can make sunday as well. It cover 12/12/ the blue and grey is day and night.

i was having whole week 2-6 off and weekend alive

I know this is old but while looking for something else on this page I didn’t see the answer that you were looking for. To turn the Mycloudex2ultra on from hibernate use WOL (wake on LAN) from your PC or smartphone. A utility like FING or a router dashboard. I’ve used FING and my ASUS router to wake it from hibernate. I thought it odd that they didn’t have an on/off switch but I guess there was a reason.

I wonder why some people need to post a reply saying go look at the manual. Exactly why these people join, someone tell me.

The schedule system is total junk, it confuses everyone, the manual is good for nothing.

Im glad someone did take the time to post a photo and explain, thank you ’

This forum is here to help people, dont join and abuse it just because you cannot be botherd, probably didnt know

Ps

Use a wifi socket, use it to turn off the power, wait 10 seconds, turn back on. Drive will boot up. Its what ive done for many years with these stupid drives.

Pps
Backup your important data to a usb drive,even if you have 2 drives, 1 in use, second backup of first, this can still fail