New Release - Firmware Version 1.08.17 for WD TV Live Streaming Media Player (5/7/12)

WD is happy to announce our latest firmware update for the WD TV Live Streaming Media Player.

If you experience any issues with this firmware, please report them in the WD TV Live Streaming Issue Reporting exchange.

For questions or sharing your experience, you can post in this thread.

This seems to have solved all stuttering my device had been showing when playing back MKVs. Thank you very much WD!

Hi,

I just tested the new release, to bad it didn’t solve my problems with two groups of files, both MKV with MPEG4 video in it. The first, the video won’t play at all, audio plays normally though:

ID : 1
Format : MPEG-4 Visual
Codec ID : V_MPEG4/ISO/ASP
Codec ID/Info : Advanced Simple Profile
Duration : 1h 13mn
Bit rate : 1 169 Kbps
Width : 640 pixels
Height : 352 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 23.976 fps
Compression mode : Lossy
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.216
Stream size : 614 MiB (88%)
Default : Yes
Forced : No

The second group is stuttering a lot:

ID : 1
Format : MPEG-4 Visual
Format profile : Advanced Simple@L5
Format settings, BVOP : Yes
Format settings, QPel : No
Format settings, GMC : No warppoints
Format settings, Matrix : Default (MPEG)
Codec ID : V_MPEG4/ISO/ASP
Codec ID/Info : Advanced Simple Profile
Duration : 59mn 8s
Bit rate : 1 423 Kbps
Width : 624 pixels
Height : 352 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate : 25.000 fps
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Compression mode : Lossy
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.259
Stream size : 602 MiB (86%)
Writing library : XviD 1.0.3 (UTC 2004-12-20)
Default : Yes
Forced : No

I tested both groups via the media server Playback on a Mac with WD TV Live an VPlayer on Android as a client. On VPlayer both groups play fine. I also tested it locally from an USB device.

DTS MASTER AUDİO is :confounded: not , Comming son in next firmwares ?

Issues since the update: 1. Can’t find my Play-on under the Media Share tab in the Videos   2. My Hulu does not show updated Ques???

Seems ok. Netflix hasn’t deauthorized itself yet and I can still access Netflix US from the UK via UnoDNS. Not too keen on the new services layout, there’s not enough services to warrant a categories menu (at least not in the UK).

Thanks WD for finally fixing the Netflix issue. We just need some.more services now to catch up with thr likes of Roku.

Thanks!  Finally fixed that annoying HDMI resolution detection issue.  Overall, everything seems a bit smoother in the interface.  Great work.

Seems like my biggest issue has been fixed. I have been able to scroll through my movies (1,140 movies) without the SMP rebooting!! Makes me very happy… Thank you WD!!! 

I was experiencing choppy mkv playback, but the new firmware seems to fix it. I haven’t had time to test thoroughly yet, but I have now re-enabled 1080p 24fps, which was previously unwatchable.

So far so good. Quite an impressive list of ‘resolved’ issues.

OMG - Finally… only took months.

Thank God.

Mine also look good playing mkv´s trought network. Finally!!!

Only tested a 1080p DTS movie for an hour, but flawless.

Now trying nfs share…

So far looks good.

I have to thanks Western but this was a feature that shoud work from the launch of this product.

Thanks anyway.

Hi,

I got two issues with HDMI CEC with the latest 1.08.17 update

1. Power button turns both device and TV+Receiver off, but powering TV only.

2. Buttons 1 and 2 on the remote used to increse/decrease receiver volume. Now that is not available anymore.

From the firmware notes:

* Resolved TV show episode sorting issue after auto Get Content Info.

All my TV shows, which were populated using the get content button, are still sorting like they were in the past.  What exactly was fixed here?  I was actually excited thinking my shows would now appear in numerical order… darn it!!!

1 Like

BACK button doesn’t work anymore in youtube leanback (it worked before the FW update).

Only way to exit YT leanback now, is homebutton, but this can’t return back to services like BACK button did.

@RobSpook

Try clearing your metadata (i.e., delete the .wdtv folder in your storage device).

RobSpook wrote:

From the firmware notes:

All my TV shows, which were populated using the get content button, are still sorting like they were in the past.  What exactly was fixed here?  I was actually excited thinking my shows would now appear in numerical order… darn it!!!

• *Use the “TV Show” filter.

Can anyone check if  .vob stuttering when playing over the network is fixed? I’m away from home and can’t test it until tomorrow night. Thanks a bunch!

In Youtube by westerndigital, after 1 video has being played, the video select list no longer displays the videos preview icons, it displays a black icon instead.

Only way to display the video preview icons again, is to reboot WDTV.

Re posted “Issues since the update: 1. Can’t find my Play-on under the Media Share tab in the Videos”

Does anyone else have this problem with PlayOn? I sure don’t want lose the ability to use PlayOn. Will wait to install new firmware until I hear back on this. Please let me know.  Thanks.

RobSpook wrote:

From the firmware notes:

Use leading zeroes to sort properly.  Computers use ASCII sort order.  It’s just how it is.