Need help with links to a shared file

I have gone through the steps to create a link to a folder within a public share. I then sent this link to the person I wanted to share my folder with. They are unable to access the folder. I repeated the process, and also created a link to an individual file within that folder (to see if it worked at a file level). They tried both links and had the same issue.

The recipient is getting an error message that says “Cannot connect to ”. It then tells him to “Update the MyCoud firmware.” Why is he getting that message? (BTW, my firmware is up to date).

Does having the folder within a public share create a problem? I do not want to create a user for a one-time access. I want to be able to send a link that gives them access to that one folder and it’s contents only, but without having to register for a MyCloud account. Am I doing something wrong?

I’d recommend double-checking permissions, as well as trying different Internet Browsers. However, the best way to confirm if the issue relates to the share in question is by granting access to a new share with public permissions.