MYCloud Home "Offline"

I can see the device as a mapped network drive, and it is working fine as a simple Local NAS mapped as a drive but when trying to connect to My Cloud Home it shows “device is off line”. It also does not show up in the Win explorer network devices.

The LED is on fast breathing rhythm, which indicates that attention is needed, but no idea what such attention would be! The ethernet connection is obviously working, and USB connection is not used.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

8 Likes

Hey man, just check this out: WD My Cloud Home Device Offline - #224 by vongpjes
You are not alone…
it seems WD never solve this problem—or even tried to do.
Wish your device will be ok after some magic days.

2 Likes

I have problem to conect MYCLOUD HOME from out side my HOME today . I would appreciate to get your advice How to Fizal it.

Best Regards
Bahri

2 Likes

Same problem here… Slow breathing led but can’t connect or detect it. Just able to see public share (Mac OS)

2 Likes

I am having the same issue. I can access my files on both the local Public (\0.0.0.0) drive and My Cloud Home using WD Discovery and My Cloud Home through MyCloud.com from my home network but can not access my files when I am at the office it says that the device is offline. So if you use a different internet connection, you can not access the WD My Cloud Home Device. I hope they find a solution ASAP.

1 Like

I have the same issue, within the local network is working fine, from outside the network not working…

2 Likes

Yes, you can not access the My Cloud Home when you are in another location only in the local network both MyCloud.com and Mobile App says Device offline.

1 Like

Same here today. I am using MyCloud Home Duo, device offline when checking via website (Brave and Firefox same result) but can see everything on my mobile app (Android) and it looks that it is working well on the phone,

2 Likes

Same here… I can access it from my computer and my mobile that is on the same WIFI network but there is no access otherwise. What the hell, WD?!

2 Likes

For me, I cannot connect other than as mapped drive even on my local, ethernet network.

4 Likes

Selbe Problem, kann nur vom lokalen Netzwerk zugreifen. Vom Büro ist es leider nicht mehr möglich.
MyCloud Home Duo, neu verbunden, Resetknopf, Router neu gestartet usw usw. Die blaue LED blinkt langsam, ist nicht dauerhaft an. Keine Ahnung wo der Fehler ist…Vorschläge ?!?

1 Like

To many people has the same problem in the same time, so it seems to be some issue on the WD side. I checked status and is all in green. Few days ago they made some update on the website as well, when you login it is taking you to another page, not like before. So hopefully somebody is reading this and started working on the solution. WE NEED AN ACCESS!!! And please WD, create some easy solution to extract own data from MyCloud.

3 Likes

same problem here

3 Likes

Here too.

We have 2 EX2 Ultras both Devices are offline.
We could connect last week. We have not changed any part of our settings

WD why can you not get this right!?

2 Likes

Schließe mich an!

Es kann nicht sein, dass es keine offizielle Info über Probleme gibt und man erst ein Konto für die Community erstellen muss um herauszufinden was los ist bzw. dass das Problem nicht in der eigenen EDV zu suchen ist.
Das blockiert und kostet unnötig Nerven und Zeit.

1 Like

Any updates with this issue @WD_Admin ???

2 Likes

same here

2 Likes

same here

3 Likes

Guess we all will have to wait until WD @WD_Admin sees the community post to sort our issue.

1 Like

Today 25-Jan-2022 ,
Im having the same issue here. Able to access MyCloud Home device within the same Network but it shows OFFLINE when accessing outside / internet. Even MyCloud Apps on Phone showing OFFLINE.

WD, please Solve this issue quickly ASAP !! as I need to access my work files remotely.