MYCloud Home "Offline"

• Checked http://status.mycloud.com/os4 and it seemed okay.
  • Right click WD Discovery icon in the OS tray and choose exit, wait a minute
  • Go to start menu and find WD Discovery and start up again
  • Your My Cloud Home status should now show online

Repeat this cycle when you see the same problem and you may have to wait a few minutes or hours in between. Sometimes it is just a local WD relay network problem that doesn’t show up in the system status.

1 Like

Have the same problem. Installed last week → run well! Today the light and the app shows “offline”.

WD please inform us. Thx.

1 Like

The issue here is different. After login via website, device is showing OFFLINE status. Same in different countries at the same time, the issue is linked to some current firmware update etc. I don’t use a desktop app, only website and Android app. On my phone, while using app it is working, but when using browser and website, is not.

1 Like

Offline on mobile and windows once again. Frustrating!

2 Likes

But the light still blinking on device!! how you can connect?

1 Like

Same here. iOS and Android App are Not showing any content.

I am surprised about the User SteveM1 who cant access My cloud Ex2 Ultra either.
I assumed These devices would Not be as dependend on WD as MCH are.

1 Like

Yes, It’s offline today, No Way.

3 Likes

Yo también estoy experimentando problemas de conexión SOLO en remoto, fuera de casa. NO HAY CONEXIÓN y la luz esta parpadeando lentamente desde hoy 25 de enero. Localmente, no hay problema, con conexión WIFI tanto desde el móvil, como desde el PC, hay conexión y veo todos los directorios y archivos. Cuando salgo de mi casa y ya no tengo conexión directa con wifi ni conexión directa con el router, esta todo Offline, al llegar a casa todo vuelve a funcionar. Como comentáis todos, el problema seguro es de WD. He mirado si algo tenía que ver la nueva versión de OS 5 de WD, pero parece que no, tanto los My Cloud Home como los DUO, no hay que hacer nada con respecto a esto. La actualización de firmware es automática en los Cloud Home y tampoco puede ser. No sé cuál será la solución, habrá que esperar a los “inútiles” de WD… mientras tanto, voy a mirar precios de NAS serias, ya que WD me tiene muy harto con sus temas (cuelgues, incompatibilidades con macOS M1, problemas de todo tipo, etc.). Paciencia…

1 Like

Same problem than yours
Offline on mobile app and on web site but online on the same network.
It’s seems to be a general issue.

2 Likes

My device is OFFLINE always, even when i am conected on the same wi-fi. I don’t know what to do, please help me. I’m an influencer and I have there all the pics of many campaigns. Please someone could help me? I use de mobile app.

PS. Front LED light blinks slowly.

1 Like

Same problem here in The Netherlands. I am sure it’s a WD problem and it is not the first time.
We propably have to wait until they restart their servers or something like that.

1 Like

After 2 hours on the phone this morning, i finally got told that the My Cloud Home server is down. I asked why this wasn’t being posted for users and didn’t really get an answer other than “engineering are working on it”. It’s ridiculous. I am one of the users that replaced the unsupported OS3 device and now i can’t even set up my new device. Really annoyed at this and if it isn’t fixed by tomorrow i’ll be returning it and going elsewhere.

5 Likes

Estoy en la misma situación es totalmente lamentable, la falta de información por parte de WD

Same problem from Czechia

2 Likes

Same problem here. Can see the device and ping it on my local network, can see public and time machine folders on LAN but no access to other shares, just comes up as off-line

Can see it on mobile apps but that’s useless when I’m trying to access non-standard file formats

1 Like

Dam at least they should have alerted us that the server is down so that we all know. Totally ridiculous support

1 Like

exactly the same! Can not access via mobile phone app neither the web. Can only visit folder Public in Local network. hmm…maybe the server failed?

3 Likes

WD Admin Staff or eles please give us an answer or any reply to make us know what the next step is???
Show us your reponsibilities please

1 Like

Same problem here. Emailed WD and was given multiple troubleshooting methods. Asked if it was a server problem as I did not want to spend hours troubling shooting like I did in Oct 2021 but no reply.

If I worked for WD I’d be looking for a new job, if things don’t change this company is doomed. With the mybook live hack, the my cloud end of service disaster and now the regular my cloud home connection issues. Need a change of leadership to try and save this sinking ship.

1 Like

Check server status, there is finally update, Issue with proxy.

http://status.mycloud.com/os4

4 Likes