My mycloud.com device "Is offline" (Cant connect) from a remote connection

If I try to use mycloud.com to connect to my PR4100 from a remote computer my device will say Can’t connect to XXX_Device, however if im in same LAN it will show up with all the files just fine.

It tells me 3 options:

1. Make sure the device is powered on and connected, which it is
  2. Update firmware. Its updated to the latest
  3. Accept your device’s security certificate.
    Note: After you accept the certificate, you might have to refresh this tab to see your files.

This last option I try to click it but the tabs it opens me I get this:

This site can’t be reached

deviceXXXXXXXX5.wd2go.com refused to connect.
Try:
Checking the connection
Checking the proxy and the firewall
ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

Why is this?

I got enabled the cloud access and got this in the PR4100:

Cloud Access Status
Connection Status Connected
Port forwarding connection established.

Hello,
Since Cloud Access and Port Forwarding are already enabled, verify that the router supports UPnP and it is enabled.
You can find useful information on the link below.
https://support.wdc.com/knowledgebase/answer.aspx?ID=14883

I’ve had exactly the same problem since WD asked me to restore the system (for another problem). It worked fine previously. Using a chrome browser to access mycloud.com I’m told that the device is offline. It isn’t. If I try to accept my devices security certificate I’m told that there is a privacy error and that my connection is insecure. If I then go to Advanced I’m told “This server could not prove that it is devicexxxxxxxxxxxx.wd2go.com; its security certificate is not trusted by your computer’s operating system. This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection.”

If I use IE instead of Chrome the same sort of thing happens. I won’t go through all the details except to say that the OpSys (Win10 Pro fully up to date) likes all aspects of the security certificate except that it doesn’t have a path to a trusted authority. This, I believe, is something to do with WD2Go.com not having a path back to a signing authority like verisign or thwaite etc. As part of my original problem I’ve also raised this with WD so I’ll report back here if I hear anything from them. In the meantime I would be delighted to hear from anyone else who may have any insight into this problem.

PR4100 firmware is 2.21.119. If I ignore the privacy errors I can actually access the NAS.