I have been at this now for a full day fustratingly and no closer to understanding why i have this issue.
Spent 4hrs with WD support and no resolution.
Essentially I can see my shares on my mobile device. I can even access the shares through the WD My Cloud desktop app. But for the life of me can’t see them in windows file explorer.
So what i have done so fat is:
- Restarted Mycloud from dashboard and also unplugged and replugged in
- Restarted both computers - so tried and tested this on two computers.
- Reformatted one computer to see if it was computer
- restarted services that My Cloud depends on
- Contacted support - they made me do the same things.
- I have reset admin password and also tried a few other users.
- I have checked share access rights
- checked cloud access rights
- and mostly followed all advice i could find on the subject in the forum.
- Changed and trialled different credentials in the credentials manager.
When i put one of the shares onto public access - it appears which is odd so makes me believe this is not a firewall issue.
I am ruuning windows 8.
Please help anyone! I use this for work i do so its important this works for me.