My Cloud Home Service Outage - 02-Apri-2023

If I Enable Local Network Access ( when I can Logg in )
will help with this issue? when the network is down ( And I truly believe this will come more and more problem in the near future ) RIP WD

1 Like

What is your old NAS?

This is bull last time this happened my book live was burnt up for your ā– ā– ā– ā–  now it looks like this will happen again with the update. You people ā– ā– ā– ā–  asa company that didnā€™t replace the drive then and you sure want do it this time either. I will never buy another product from your company again.

That you all complain? Connect your devices over a local network and access the files. If you canā€™t read, go to schoolā€¦ How to Enable Local Network Access to Data on My Cloud Home Using the Dashboard
Want to completely abandon the wd service, flash your account

1 Like

What should we do now? :frowning:

What can we do if we havenā€™t enable the local access BEFORE the outage? Is there any temporary workaround for this?

I hope WD support can provide some temporary solution to get around this.

2 Likes

All our documents are there knowing that cloud is safer than our computer.

Yeah that only work for those who has already enabled the local network connection BEFORE the outage, shthead! Cuz it required to log in to the SERVER for that to takes effect. If anyone hasnā€™t enable the local connection, itā€™s a dead end rn.

1 Like

Yes, very worry and I have 8000 to 10,000 photos plus documents and I canā€™t get anything whatsoever. I need these documents first thing Monday morning.

I was a bit surprised by the impact seen from this WDC failure.

I did not realize that the My Cloud Home was completely dependent on benevolent support by servers at WDC. I was ā€“ up until now ā€“ under the impression that my configuration of My Cloud Home devices was under my control, and that possibly some fringe benefits could be had by linkage to WD internet servers. Little did I know that my installation becomes unusable when there are glitches at WDC.

So, I am seriously considering scrapping the WD equipment, and go for some other supplier of NAS devices.

QUESTION: What are the best alternative suppliers for a personal NAS configuration, where I am insulated from the kinds of effects we see from this whole WDC episode?

5 Likes

Its almost 9.30 am here, and no sign from the mother fuckers!

3 p.m. here, as of last night 10 pm, unbelievable!!!

1 Like

At least some community staff should be here tell us all we, the desperate ones 1 single word.

Did you expect it to work forever? At a minimum, you were told that the PC app was no longer supported it was a few months agoā€¦ Where were you in the cave?

You sir , are an enlightened dou che b a g Tank you.

And you shthead can predict the outage, huh? You should go do the IQ check, They announced that it would stop in JUNE. I also not talking abput the PC APP, im talking about the WEB APP which is STILL FUNCTIONAL after the pc app has stopped working, and the local connection has nothing to do with it. Just STFU, seeder!

3 Likes

Just a stupid @ss seeder trying to blame the customers

1 Like

when this issue be solved ? any one have information ??

You use a cloud service that may not work like any other cloud service or you do not understand or do not want to understandā€¦ Want a full stand-alone nas? Flip or buy anotherā€¦

What is going on? The lack of information from WD is probably the worst I have seen. As part of that their CHatbot is just telling me its only open from 9 am. Its now after 10 here. Unlike some of you I can connect one laptop via WiFi but the desktop machines no way.