Can't access My Cloud Home after short power outage

so we got some pretty bad and some thunder and lightning, and i think some of that lightning got into the power grid and blew some fuses and as it seems unfortunatley my my cloud home.
Becaue i was listening to some music via plex media server when all of a sudden connection failed and i couldn’t reconenct to mycloud. Neither App, WD Discovery, , nothing is working - mycloud home is offline.

So i did the 4s reset, bootet, system startet blinking and then entered the constant white light state. Still couldn’t reach mycloud home

So i did the 40s reset, same thin, the light was slowly blinking for about 2 days, now it is shining in constant white, but i can’t access mycloud.

Any more ideas of what to do, to get to the data stored on that drive?
I was wondering if i could take the harddrive out of the drive and plug it to some hd controller and copy the data to another drive, but i don’t know if that is possible and what format that drive has right now.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Matthews

Hi Jickycano,

You can refer to the link mentioned below to solve your issue:

https://support-en.wd.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/24283

Hi John, i have read that, but that didn’t help. In the meantime wd support contacted me and told me to contact a data restore service if i want my files restored, if possible. I did just that, however, i recieved notice, that they can restore the files, however directories, filenames and filename extensions ( like mp3) are gone.

Is that really possible or are they doing something wrong?
They told me the files are in \restsdk\data\files and then there are subdirectory from - and _ to every letter in the alphabet and numbers from 0-9.

Filenames are like V_7sDp55WPh2H6Yv6OQqRp0T1f2SH99HjS_-RqnJ

However the files can be opened using the programm, for pictures, videos, music, pdfs.

SInce we are talking about more than 4TB of data it would be a pain in the you know what to rename all those files manually and add the proper file extensions

We had a power outage and My Cloud Home has no access. I unplugged it yellow light came on then blinked yellow then nothing. I checked the the back it had blinking lights on the LAN. So I reset it 15 seconds same result. It feels as if its working I mean a little vibration from the device. ANY SUGGESTIONS