My cloud home stays offline

the mycloud home stays offline. I have tried everything to get it back online again (together with the WD helpdesk) but so far no luck. As i understand a lot of people have this problem.
For me : NEVER AGAIN A WD product. A NAS which does not work anymore after a mere three years is a SH*T product. The only thing i can do is try to recover the data of it. which will cost me cause that i cannot do my self.

#tothegarbagemycloudhome

Hi @Noorie2602,

My Cloud Home cannot connect/shows offline due to the following reason:

• My Cloud Home is not powered on
  • My Cloud Home firmware update is occurring
  • My Cloud Home has a disconnected or faulty Ethernet cable
  • My Cloud Home LED goes directly to solid white when power is applied to the unit
  • My Cloud Home LED is blinking Fast or Slow and not solid white indicating a ready state
  • My Cloud Home has an internal hard drive failure

Please refer to this KBA to troubleshoot the issue: WD My Cloud Home Not Detected, Not Found, Cannot Connect or Device Offline

Dear miss/ mister neha,
I have already had contact with two of you’re colleagues who sent me the same manuals to troubleshoot.
Last contact was with miss/ mister sheikh in case nr 210718-000541…
most recent I replied him/ her and asked a question. I ds not receive an answer yet.
But now I receive your email. I am a bit confused now. Who is helping me now?
My disk is still not coming online.
HELP!!!

1 Like

CAn we recover the log of connection and disconnection of the device to the service My cloud home?

The easiest thing is to find the same box and reinstall the disks, I did it.

Keep in mind that when you return a disk in support of WD, the data is not saved!

Here they write about a script for Linux that reads the file base and correlates with the files themselves on the disk, i.e. converts the WD storage format to normal.

My device had been offline 3days after the update

Mine is still updating - 96h+ and counting. Device have pulsing white light and network seems active based on enthernet port lights. When I log-in into WD My cloud home it says it is updating.

Considering 8TB data in it, I don’t know how I would recover it if the update would corrupt it. SO now I am hostage of my own drive (and WD). I can do anything with drive because I am afraid I might interrupt the update, but update is taking more than 4 days now…

…not cool at all! Worst thing - it didn’t even ask if I allow for it to update!