My cloud doesn't give any response

It has good blue light front, and the back lights is looking usual but the wdmycloud program cannot access device. Also http page is not available. program says can’t connect this device and  www.wd2go.com see device as offline. So what should i do ? (by the way i tired with different computers)

Thank you…

can you ping the IP address of the drive when this issue is occuring?

lower ping when the cloud is gone New Bitmap Image (4).bmp

Well its not lower ping. It IS simply timing out that same that happens to be when my drive goes into this state.

so what should i do ? i think it is happening because of update, i tried manual and online update but the result same . After 1 min of plug in, it became unreachable

There is nothing you can do. Many others and myself included have similar problems with these drives. WD doesnt seem to know whats causing them and there is no fix.

Strange that your drive becomes unreachable within minutes of plugging in though. Atleast for me it could be anytime, no real pattern.

You can try to RMA the drive but i doubt it will resolve issue. I have 3 drives and two of them have this issue.

ill send you a PM.

sign in to your router and see what IP it is set to. It sounds like it may have a new IP

If you are running Windows 7 try the following and check the IP address for your My Cloud. Click on Start>Devices and Printers then right click on My Cloud and check the properties, if you don’t see a different address under the UPnP tab then try troubleshooting.

See image below.

Posted by,
cat0w (USA)

I can’t see in that tab. By the way, after screenshot device become unreachible again. I think i will call the guarantee

majere wrote:

I can’t see in that tab. By the way, after screenshot device become unreachible again. I think i will call the guarantee

Have you tried confirming if the ip is correct and hasn’t changed? To do this go into your router and identify which ip it is under. then type this ip in and see if you get to dashboard. if you have correct ip address try a system only restore. 

This restores only the configuratiions and the users. You can then hopefully go to the dashboard. To do a system only restore you will need to unplug the my cloud. stick a pin into the reset hole. Plug back in and hold pin in reset for 40seconds. 

I am sure about the ip, but i will try that restore thing

any joy with the restore?