My Cloud connection problem

Hi

I am having connection problems on my My Cloud device (single bay)
I can’t log in through the local connection or the internet, I tried to access the dashboard and can’t do it either.

The message refers to the device being offline, however the device is connected correctly and with the blue light in front side well visible.

Screenshot 2023-04-18 195229
Screenshot 2023-04-18 195336

Do you have a My Cloud or My Cloud Home, they are not the same device. If you have a single bay/single drive My Cloud device, check the P/N number on the bottom for it’s version/generation.
OS3 v4.x firmware first generation single bay MY Cloud P/N ends with “-00”
OS5 v5.x firmware second generation single bay MY Cloud P/N ends with “-10”

First generation single bay My Cloud cannot be accessed by the internet using MyCloud.com or the OS3 My Cloud mobile apps. WD terminated remote access on the first gen My Clouds in April of last year.

Check your local network router’s administration screen to see if it lists an IP address for the My Cloud. Or if the My Cloud is listed under either Storage or Other Device in the Windows File Explorer Network section, right click on the My Cloud icon and select Properties. It should list the device’s IP address that way. Try using that IP address either in a web browser to access the My Cloud Dashboard or in Windows File Explorer (ex: \\192.168.1.10).

If using Windows ensure you have the Network Profile set to Private. If using any sort of security software or anti virus/firewall software on the computer, check that software to ensure it is not blocking access to the My Cloud.

Try another computer or device and see if it can access the My Cloud.

Make sure the My Cloud is directly connected to the local network router and not connected through a Mesh node or power line or similar adapter. Use a computer connected by Ethernet wire to the same router as the My Cloud as a troubleshooting step.

As a last resort one can see if a 40 second reset clears up the issue.

Pin Reset and System Only Restore WD My Cloud OS 3
How to Pin Reset and System Only Restore My Cloud OS 5 Devices
How to Access the My Cloud OS 3 Dashboard
How to Access the My Cloud OS 5 Administrator Dashboard

Note that first gen single bay My Cloud users may need to enable SMB 1.0 if using Windows. Microsoft disables that setting for security reasons in new Windows installs or via patch updates.

Enable File Sharing Support on My Cloud, Home & Passport in Windows