Cloud Access Confusion

My Cloud NAS has “Cloud Access” switched on under Settings but its “Connection Status” shows “No internet access” and I am unable to access the drive remotely using the app on my phone. However, I can access everything on the drive when I log into my MyCloud.com account. Can anyone suggest how to resolve this problem?

What specific My Cloud model/device do you have?

Do you have, use, or were granted access for remote access to more than one My Cloud device?

@pracom
When was the last time you had access for your phone and internet? Have you rebooted your device? See Dashboard image below. My cell phone is highlighted in yellow showing it is connected.

Click on, tap or activate image to enlarge it.

I have the 6 TB version of the WD My Cloud Personal Cloud Storage device.

I do not have, and never have had, remote access for any other My Cloud device.

I have rebooted the device and, much later, now see the files on my phone, but for some reason the connection status still says “No Internet access” under the drive Cloud Access and Settings page. I see one line under connected status for my email account that I use to access the drive through both my PC browser and my Android phone, but I don’t see any separate connections for Windows.

@pracom How is your device configured? See example image below.

What is showing under Settings>Network?

Is you MY CLOUD a 1st or 2nd generation? 1st has firmware 04.xx.xx and 2nd has 02.xx.xx

The configuration is the same as shown in your snapshot which must be the default and has never been changed.

I have a 1st generation device based on its firmware.

Also, a couple of other issues which may be related:

If I attempt to retrieve a code under Configure Access, I receive an error message “Failed to create device user. 40073”

The date and time shown on the device have been incorrect for a while even though I have the primary server configured as time.windows.com

You will definitely get connection problems if the unit time is off.

Correcting it manually will work, if for some reason the automatic time updated does not work.

So I manually updated the time, rebooted the device and it still reflects an accurate date and time (within 1 min), but there is still no internet connection shown on the Settings page. This is despite being able to connect to the device through mycloud.com and download files. The app on my phone lists the files (? possibly cached) but I it seems unable to download any of them.

One obvious troubleshooting step is to do a 40 second reset. Downside is the reconfiguration that would need to be done.

How to Reset a My Cloud (single bay) Device
https://support-en.wd.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/24022

Two troubleshooting steps to try before doing a 40 second rest. First, select the Rebuild button on the Cloud Access Connection Option dialog box and then select Save and see if the issue persists. Second, change the Cloud access Connection Option from Auto to Manual. The set two alternate external access ports. One would also have to configure those two alternate external ports in their network router to port forward the external ports to the My Cloud internal ports. I did a general DIY on how to use the Manual setting for Cloud Access Connection on a first gen single bay My Cloud. See the following link:

After trying the initial options without any resolution, I had to perform the 40 second reset in order to fix the Internet connection problem. Everything seems to be working correctly now. Thanks for your help!