Missing shutdown button and no Hibernate option

MyCloud 3TB with 2.11.140 firmware - I installed it three days ago. There’s only a Reboot button in Settings → Utilities and there’s no Hibernate option under the Admin icon at the top right, only Welcome; Reboot; Logout

How do I shut this down? I need to move it.

I’ve found several posts about this but there seems to be no solution! Do I really have to use SSH? Before I try, is it even supported on MyCloud?

This has been discussed in several prior threads. There is no solution for the missing Shutdown option in the v2.x Dashboard other than to use a WD Access program or issue the shutdown command via SSH.

The My Cloud is designed to be run 24/7.

If you install the WD Smartware or the WD Quick View software, you can do a remote shutdown from the taskbar icon.

Yes, when installing both of those programs they both will the WD Access program which is what is used to shut down the My Cloud when one clicks on the WD icon. One can simply install the WD Access program all by itself if one doesn’t want to use Smartware or Quick View.

WD Access for Mac: http://download.wdc.com/nas/WD_Access_for_Mac_1.0.4.219.zip
WD Access for Windows: http://download.wdc.com/nas/WDAccess_1.4.5949.29996.zip

Someone found that the buttons are actually there, but hidden by the stylesheet. There’s a thread on it somewhere.

Here we are:

I’ll be dipped YOU’RE RIGHT CPT_PARANOIA !! In IE I just right-click on the Reboot button, then Inspect Element. Just above the Reboot TD there’s another one set to Display: NONE. Unchecking that in the inspector displays the button! Although the button is labeled Hibernate, the style ID is id_shutdown_td.

Why would WD do that?!? How is the average consumer supposed to safely move this device? Makes no sense to me!

'Course now I’m not ready to move it so I’ll have to wait 'till later to see if it actually does work. Hope I remember this…

Thanks cpt_paranoia!

No; thank @Arquimaes for a bit of brilliant detective work.

To make it worse this matter has been known and commented on since the initial release of the Gen 2 (v2.x) My Clouds. WD has since then released three firmware versions and still hasn’t fixed what should be a 30 second fix in the coding. {shakes head}

I guess we must conclude that it’s a deliberate, if baffling, decision…

And yet the v2.x My Cloud User Manual mentions the shutdown button several times (pages 32, 38, 64, 66, 102)…

So it’s incompetence, than…

1 Like

@Bill_S, @SBrown

Come on, chaps, sort this mess out.

Either the manual is wrong, or the firmware is wrong.

Pick one, and correct the other, preferably the firmware.