Missing Fles

My main PC used to set to My Cloud years ago just died. Via the Android phone app I can now only access Public and not the main Folder. Plugging a laptop into the same router where the dead PC was, I cannot access anything. What do I need to do?

More information is needed. What does “cannot access anything” mean? What OS is the laptop using? Is the “main Folder” that the Android device cannot access a Private Share that requires a user with the correct permission to access?

Can you access the My Cloud Dashboard? If one can access the My Cloud Dashboard one can change User or Share permissions to allow access to Shares that are set to Private.

If using Windows 10 on the laptop, is SMB1.0/CIFS enabled? Microsoft typically disables this option in later updates to Windows 10 or in new installs of Windows 10.

How to Enable SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support on Windows 10

I am running Windows 10 I can access the My Cloud Dashboard. I shared Dawn (the one on which cannot see any files). SMB 1.0/CIFS File Charing is enabled on the laptop. It says there are no files in Dawn but I know I previously backed up My Documents there, I get the same message on my Android phone. Can it be that part of the My Cloud drive has failed?

How did you “backed up” the files? Using WD Sync? Using Smartware? or some other method?

Usually when the My Cloud fails one will see a red LED on the front of the My Cloud.

If one accesses the My Cloud Dashboard and selects the Share tab they can select the Share to see if it contains files/data (Usage value).