Lost access to dashboard, resets are not working

Hello guys.

Prior to the update to os5, my login into the dashboard was like this:
username was admin and password wasn’t setup.

During the update to os5 I was asked to create a new password as it was required. I am 100% sure that I entered the common password that I use frequently and that I didn’t misspelled it or anything.

After the update, I tried to log in, but that new password is not working. It always says: Incorrect credentials.

Then I tried to do a 4sec. reset, but the device is not restarting or doing anything. I just hear fans spinning at max speed all the time. Then later I tried to do a 40sec. reset without the success as well.
Not even the ip address that I was accessing the dashboard changed to default one.

I have no idea how to fix that. I can still access the data from my Mac & Win10, but its significantly slower due to the indexing.

@4smiler are you still not able to access the AdminUI dashboard? Have you tried HTTP://IP_ADDRESS of your My Cloud? Did you get the 4 or 40 sec restore to occur? Have you powered off and on your My Cloud?

No, I tried everything.

I restarted my My Cloud several times in order to fix the problem. I can access the http://IP-ADDRESS login screen, but it won’t accept my login details as I stated above. Both reset options are doing absolutely nothing… Not even restarting the device, even though the second options involve doing it in power off state, but you got the point now. Everything worked as it should before the os5 update and now I cannot even access my dashboard… This software broke my device completely and its useless now. What do I do now?

1 Like

For anyone reading this, the problem was with the unit itself and the support team kindly dealt with that. I appreciate it very much guys and thank you.

running into the same issue.
Any advice on what the support team was able to do?

Hi there.
Technical support was amazing. They offered me a free RMA and they sent me a brand new device with OS 3. I did have to pay some fee and shipping, but it was worth it. I’m never going to upgrade for OS 5 because I don’t care about remote access.

I was able to fix this on my own. Held down the reset on reboot for a long time (5mins?) and it actually worked.

thanks, that is nice to hear that they were responsive.

40 second reset resets the user ID (and password, if you set one). If it doen’t then it’s a hardware/firmware issue.

I recommend updating to OS5 if your device supports it (and you need to make a decision by early January). Who knows what issues you might with OS3 have after April 2022.