Itunes wont show music stored on my cloud

I’m using a macbook air osx 10.9.5 and a 2tb my cloud. I have my music in the shared music section on my cloud, my firmware is up to date, DLNA streaming/itunes server are both enabled in my dashboard and my itunes wont show anything from my cloud. I dont know what to do.

I had the same issue but somehow iTunes managed to sort itself out. 

I don’t know if the NAS or the DNLA was busy indexing my media and iTunes couldn’t see it but after a couple of hours, iTunes saw my music and movies.

this problem has persisted for a while. when i try to access the music stored on my cloud it scans for a second or 2 then goes right back to my regular library

can anyone help me? if I cant get this to work then it means I pretty much have a useless brick plugged into my router

I understand that you are using the itunes server on the NAS?

If yes, did you try to reboot the NAS? Or event do a system only restore from the admin UI? This will leave all your shares and content intact, but will delete the users you have set. After the reset, you have only the default admin user with a blank password.

1 Like

I tried this and I played with some settings in my dashboard, i dont know which of those worked or if it was a combination of your advice and my tinkering but it seems to be working now. Thank you very much!