iTunes library not showing

Hey there,

I recently picked up a WD My Cloud, firmware is fully up to date 2.x, and I’ve been having issues with sharing my iTunes library. I’ve copied my whole iTunes folder across from my PC, however I haven’t been able to see the library shared on the network on either my PC or Mac.

On the Media settings page in the MC UI, iTunes is set to ON - however whenever I click ‘Refresh’, the process will make it up to 11% then won’t go any further. If I refresh that page in my browser the ‘Refresh’ button will be available again.

All of the files are available to see and use via Finder/Explorer, and they’re also accessible via DLNA. It’s just the iTunes library that’s not being shared properly. I’m wondering, if it keeps tripping up at 11%, could there be a particular file that’s killing the scan? Is there any kind of error logging that might give me an idea of that?

Any suggestions would be very welcome!

Cheers.

Hello,

Have you tried mapping the share on both computers?

See if the following link helps

Thanks for the response!

Looking through the topic you’ve linked, I don’t think this is the solution for me. I have my main iTunes library on my desktop (which I’m looking to retire asap) which has been copied onto My Cloud. My laptop will become my primary machine, it leaves my home network regularly and has its own small iTunes library locally. I want to keep that local library, but also be able to access my full iTunes library via My Cloud whenever I’m on my home network. Mapping my laptop’s iTunes library to the NAS wouldn’t work in this situation.

I’m still getting the sense that the drive is getting tripped up by something when it’s scanning my iTunes folder, but I have no idea how to find what that might be.