Itunes server doesn't work anymore

Hi there,

Because of the samen problem, I was interested in your DropBox-link, which unfortunately doesn’t work anymore.

Have an idea how I can get the patch?

bump

is this patch still available?

i wanted to contact the german email support but always get this message:

Beim Durchsuchen der Wissensdatenbank ist ein Fehler aufgetreten.

so i can’t send it…

and i can’t contact the english support, because I always get redirected to the german site which doesn’t work for me…

So here it is October, I have the latest firmware and am having this problem problem with itunes v12 on a Mac. Nobody updates these forums when something is (at least supposed to be) fixed?

So, here we are, January 2016, and even with the latest firmware update, v04.04.02-105, and iTunes server running, i cannot see it shared anywhere on the network, either from Windows nor from OSX El Capitan. Any updates on this subject, or i need to open call like everyone else, and ask for the patch?

I’m in the same boat I believe. Itunes version 12.3.2.35 and WD firmware 2.11.133 for my EX4100. I can’t rescan the itunes database…it just says initializing. And there is no shared library that shows up in itunes.

I have the same problem which is described in this forum. It`s very stupid because i bought me an iPod Classic an my music is saved on a WD My Cloud. So, can anyone upload this patch once again? It will be very nice.

Hi all
last Christmas I purchased a WD MyCloudMirror 4Tb unit and I manually moved on it all my music.
I have enables the iTunes server option but, as many of you mentioned in these post, it looks like it is not working.
Should I call the local number to get the fix or is it available on the web?

Honestly since I have never used the itunes server I have no idea what to expect.
Since I have moved all my music media on the NAS and enabled the itunes server should I be able to see all my music on all my device (ipad, iphone and pc) with itunes?
Or did I miss anything?
I searched all over the web and in this forum too but I am so much confused on what I have to do.
Is there any threat which I couldnt find for some reason about it?
Thank you very much in advance for your help and sorry for my questions…
Luca

Have you read the user manual section on using the iTunes server?

It says you have to put your media in /Public/Shared Music and /Public/Shared Video

Generally if using iTunes on a Windows Computer you will be able to see iTunes compatable media provided you select your My Cloud within the iTunes application. Note: Make sure the My Cloud iTunes Server is enabled (set to On) in the My Cloud Dashboard (Settings > Media).

Start by clicking on the “house” icon in iTunes:

Then select the My Cloud from the list:

Once connected to the My Cloud the iTunes program should list any compatible media. In the case of the example below it is showing an “.m4a” audio file.

Note that I have several MP3 audio CD albums and hundreds of MP4 video files on this My Cloud that are all viewable via a DLNA client, yet are not visible to iTunes. I am able to play that media on my mobile devices using the WD My Cloud mobile app. (Or the Bubble UPnP app for Android.)

The My Cloud User Manual (http://www.wdc.com/wdproducts/library/?id=439&type=25), Chapter 11, Accessing Your Personal Cloud Using iTunes explains how to use iTunes to access the My Cloud.

Can anyone repost the patch here?

Have you tried contacting WD directly? Some have called and had the patch emailed, at least one other contacted WD via email (with a link to this thread) and they got the patch via email.

https://community.wd.com/t/itunes-server-doesnt-work-anymore/95261/30

https://community.wd.com/t/itunes-server-doesnt-work-anymore/95261/31

I’ll email them on Monday. If anyone has the file could you please PM me as it would be much quicker! thank you!

this is still broken, I’ve contacted tech support and they want me to call them to resolve the issue. Could WD please acknowledge this problem and issue a proper fix for it.

Hi, I have a WD My Cloud, 4gigs. I noticed this, because when I have been on iTunes the link to My Cloud is there but when I click on it, nothing appears. I have tried rebuilding, and Rescanning, but nothing. I live in the UK, has that patch worked for anybody in the UK? Running Windows 10, and up to date on both laptop and My Cloud. Thank you, John.

I just want to add, I have been trying to phone tech support for 2 weeks since I got the device, and all I get is its busy so call later. Sent e-mails and not received any replies. Its really frustrating.

Itunes server (unpatched) is working on my v4.x My Cloud as evidenced by the screen captures below taken from a Windows 10 computer. First step is to ensure your My Cloud firmware is up to date. For v4.x My Clouds that’s v04.04.02-105. Then insure your Windows 10 computer is up to date with the latest Microsoft Windows updates. Next ensure iTunes is up to date. I’m running iTunes 12.3.3.17 on Windows 10. Next, ensure your music (the iTunes server currently only serves up audio files) is in an iTunes compatible format. Mine are in MP3 and M4A format. Next, some recommend putting the iTunes music into the Public/Shared Music folder. That isn’t strictly necessary so long as one enables Media Serving on the Share containing the music files. Finally, access the My Cloud Dashboard > Settings > Media > iTunes and click the rescan button to rebuild the iTunes server media database.

From iTunes, make sure to select My Cloud:

The Music section should populate with iTunes compatable music/albums:

Example of a song from the My Cloud playing in iTunes on Windows 10:

Edit: From the My Cloud User Manual.

Media Types Supported by iTunes
Note: iTunes 10.4 or later only supports music files.
The iTunes Media Server supports the following file extensions: FLAC, M4A, MP3, MP4A and WAV.

I have a large library and was able to get it to load some songs for a moment but once it was recognizing the entire library it stopped working and when you selected MyCloud from the sharing dialog it would look for media and then either say that no music was found or it would jump back to the local library.

Also, evidenced by your screenshot the album artwork doesn’t load and as a whole is super unreliable.

If you are having trouble with a large library, start small. Copy a few albums over and test.

Some things to keep in mind with iTunes server (and the DLNA media server) on the My Cloud.

• The media server will scan content as its added.
  • Due to the low powered hardware on the My Cloud it may take significant time to scan for media especially when a large amount is added all at once.
  • The issue of album art not displaying properly is well known. Many earlier threads on that topic.
  • Individual song art which was embedded into the media file will display as my screen capture both in a prior post above and a screen capture below indicates.

If one moves their iTunes Library to the My Cloud the album art should display. One can Google for more detailed directions. General steps:

• Copy the entire iTunes folder (example: C:\Users\<user name>\Music\iTunes) containing the artwork and media folders and all the associated files in that iTunes folder to the My Cloud.
  • Next, change the iTunes media folder location in Advanced Preferences to point to the My Cloud iTunes folder location.
  • One may have to re-import the albums into iTunes after moving the iTunes Library to the My Cloud.
  • The media should appear in the main music window and the album folder art should appear as the following screen captures indicate.

The following screen captures were taken from a Windows 10 PC.

Also, evidenced by your screenshot the album artwork doesn’t load and as a whole is super unreliable.

That’s not Bennor’s fault; he doesn’t work for WD. None of use here work for WD. We’re customers, just like you, trying to help each other, as best we can.

Direct your complaints to WD, and be grateful to people prepared to spend their free time trying to help you.