Itunes server doesn't work anymore

Here are the numbers to call if you are having issues with the iTunes server.  Be sure to mention this thread and the issue with iTunes when you call.

Tech Support for iTunes patch

• (855) 556-5117
1 Like

Hi everybody

I just off the phone given by Bill_S. After one hour they sent me the patch to update the MyCloud. Itunes server is working fine now. I don’t know why they don’t have this file available to download in the web as an update, though. I had to explain the issue to 3 different representatives until I got with Level 2 Suport and fixed the problem right away.

So i guess you will have to call and painfully go throught support…

Hi All,

I also contacted WD Support with the phone number that was posted. It was a relatively quick process, most of the time was spent on hold wating for Level 2 support, but they knew of the issue straight away. I asked why the patch wasn’t released to the general public and the support tech really didn’t have an answer other than “I guess they aren’t ready to release it”.

Anyway iTunes is working perfectly now, so that’s positive. I hope they include the patch in the next publically available firmware update.

I’m pretty sure that’s why they’re not releasing it: it’s to be included in the next firmware release.

bad news.

iTunes 12.1.0.50 not working with  wd cloud

it doesn’t show media icon in left upper corner at all :frowning:

I’m on 12.1.0.50 and the patch worked for me. 

barmaley wrote:

bad news.

iTunes 12.1.0.50 not working with  wd cloud

it doesn’t show media icon in left upper corner at all :frowning:

Did you contact us back?  Also, you might want to do a reboot of the drive, see if that helps.

1 Like

I’m sorry! it wasn’t installed properly. i have reinstalled patch and it fixed Itunes functionality.

Thank you for hint!

Are there phone numbers for people who live in other countries to get this patch or is a new firmware release that incorporates it imminent?

JohnMorley wrote:

Are there phone numbers for people who live in other countries to get this patch or is a new firmware release that incorporates it imminent?

I would assume the patch is available for everyone.  The contact phone numbers are at the link below, just pick your country.  I’m sure they’re working on another firmware update for the My Cloud, but I wouldn’t know when it will be out.

http://support.wdc.com/country/index.asp?lang=en

I got in contact with support via email, linked them this thread and then they sent me an email back with the patch attached. And now it works! 

I get the impression that Support’s knowledge of this patch is, well, patchy

Hi,

it would be really great, if someone could upload this patch. 
I’m from Germany and our support didn’t knew anything about this patch and told me seriously to downgrade on iTunes 10.2.

Hello,

I bought a WD My Cloud one week ago and I have the same problem with iTunes. I sent an email to the helpdesk but I had no answer… Is it possible for someone to upload the patch (on a Dropbox or…)

Thak you very much

Juan_Philippe,

Here is a link to the patch file. Logon to the WD Dashboard, go to Settings → Firmware and upload the file. Reboot the WD when finished.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uwqd5qbql7z43tm/iTunes_12.1_fix.deb?dl=0

Cheers,

gwrichard

It would be really great, if someone could upload this patch.

It would even greater if someone at WD got their act together and ensured all support portals were able to, well, support this patch, rather than forcing users to exchange unverified patches via file sharing sites (no disrespect intended to the helpful forum member who has made this available).

Do WD really want patches distributed in this way?  If the patch is official, host it properly and support it properly.  Or publicly rescind it.

Take deliberate action, don’t just muddle through silently.  Let your customers know what’s going on.  Read ‘The Cluetrain Manifesto’.

It’s utterly unprofessional.

1 Like

Hey All,

Just for reference: I can confirm that this patch has fix this issue for me as well.

Would it not be a good idea to pin this subject for the time being until this fix is included with the next firmware release?

Quick one: has this issue with iTunes been also resolved with the latest firmware update?

Perhaps not related but I’ve just tried to use iTunes and although can see My Cloud there, once chosen it reverts back to local library.

If it’s not related, does that simply require restarting iTunes server in the GUI?

Quick one: is this patch firmware version independent? I just downgraded to V3 and was wondering whether I am able to apply it?

just did the update to the latest firmware.  I can see my server library in itunes but none of the music will play. running a My Book Live Duo 3gb.  anyone have a patch for this?  

thanks

C