iPhoto / Mac Photos Library - no "access rights"

Dear all,

after installing the WD My Cloud Home Duo in order to outsource our Mac Photos Library I’m experiencing some serious issues.

The copying of the library to the WD My Cloud worked just fine but when trying to select the exported library as a new default, MacOs (Catalina 10.15.6) tells me that either I don’t have “access rights” or that the library is “protected”.

I ensured that the latter is not the case by granting access to everybody in our network. The workaround from Apple using the Terminal "sudo chown / sudo chmod … " won’t really work neither.

Anyone has some suggestions or some trick how this could work?

Best,
M

1 Like

I have the same issue, I have copied 700GB photos library file to Cloud Duo (it literally took days), and now I try to tell the Photos to use the file on Cloud Duo as the library. Then a dialog box says:

Repair Library Permissions
This photo library is locked or your do not have permissions to make changes to it. Photos can try to repair the permissions.

After I clicked “repair” and entered the password, another dialog box says:
Library Repair Failed
The library “Photos Library.photoslibrary” failed to be repaired.

I checked the file properties, and the permission are the same on both the Mac local file and on Cloud Duo. Please help!

BTW, I tried to create a brand new photos library on Cloud Duo, the same error persist. So I guess it rules out that file size is the cause of the issue.

Let’s put it as it is - WD MyCloud Home ist total ■■■■ if you’re an Apple user. The system is literally useless.

This is not a wd problem - i never Got photo library running on a network disk. Im also a Mac user.