How do I switch WD My Cloud to a new computer?

How do I switch WD My Cloud to a new computer?

Not sure what the question or issue is. The My Cloud (single bay/single drive) device is a network attached storage device. One does not need to “switch” anything. One simply uses Windows File Explorer or Mac Finder, on the new computer that is connected to the same local network as the My Cloud, to access the My Cloud; just as they did on their previous computer.

If attempting to access a Private Share on the My Cloud one simply inputs a user name and password (previously created via the My Cloud Dashboard) to access that private Share. One can mount a My Cloud Share if they so desire for easier access.

How to map a My Cloud or NAS device on Windows

How to map a WD network drive on a Mac
https://support-en.wd.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10789

A recent Microsoft Windows update may have disabled SMB 1.0/CIFS which causes problems with accessing certain network devices like network attached storage devices (like the My Cloud). The workaround is to re-enable SMB 1.0/CIFS in Windows.

How to Enable SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support on Windows 10

Hi Bennor,

Thank you for your help. However, when I installed my before desktop 5 years ago. I can detect and access the detected WD My Cloud, but now when I use my newly bought desktop and linked up the Lan. It is simply shown “access denied”.

Moreover, when I first connect my before desktop, there is some software asked me to install before I can use the WD My cloud.

Please help, as I am not a good hand on computer.

Thanks,

Clarence

Bennor via WD Community wd@discoursemail.com 於 2020年2月8日 週六 上午3:02寫道:

(Attachment Only WD Syn Found at bottom right hand corner.docx is missing)

Can you post the exact error message (or post a screen capture) you are receiving when you attempt to use Windows File Explorer or Mac Finder to access the My Cloud?

Hi Bennor,

See attached.

Thanks,

Clarence

Bennor via WD Community wd@discoursemail.com 於 2020年2月8日 週六 下午10:08寫道:

(Attachment ERR Connectiom Refused.docx is missing)

Unfortunately, the recent Windows 10 updates have done more that just disable SMB 1.0. Some computers will see the NAS drives after enabling SMB1.0 and some will not. No logic to it.

The plot thickens!

Clarenceplo: Do you have a Windows 10 computer?