Can't Connect to WD My Cloud

I have the WD 4TB personal network ( NAS - WDBCTL0040HWT-NESN). It still works on my TV to access photos and videos, but when I attempt to log in to the site on a desktop I get the error message: ‘Can’t connect to WDMyCloud’ . I just want to be able to upload files!

I tried clicking the ‘accept device’s security certificate’ and the new tab that opens won’t load.

Help, please!

If you are accessing a local network My Cloud device you do not need to use the MyCloud.com web portal (if that is what you were using). You would use either Windows File Explorer or Mac Finder. If using Windows 10 one may have to ensure SMB1.0/CIFS is enabled since Microsoft disables this setting.

How to Enable SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support on Windows 10

One can “map” a local network My Cloud Share to their computer for easier access.
How to map a My Cloud or NAS device on Windows

How to map a WD network drive on a Mac
https://support-en.wd.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10789

Thank you for the response. I apologize but I should have mentioned that I have a video file on my work computer. The Cloud is at home.

I wanted to upload the video file from work’s computer to my Cloud. I’ve been able to do that in the past by logging into the My Cloud website via Chrome. Work has Windows 10, but I’m not sure that your first suggestion is relevant now that you have the complete story!

That of course changes the context of your issue. You will likely need to access the My Cloud Dashboard > Settings and check the Remote Access/Cloud Access Connection Status to see if it is showing a connection. Typically when one is having remote access connection issues with the My Cloud the first troubleshooting step is to turn off Remote Access/Cloud Access in the My Cloud Dashboard > Settings. Wait a few minutes. Then re-enable the Remote Access/Cloud Access option and see if the connection status indicates a connection. Then test remote access using the MyCloud.com web portal from your work computer to see if the issue is resolved.

LOL, I just logged on (at work) and miraculously it is working now without me having to do anything. Go figure! Thank you very much for your patience and your assistance/suggestions.

Thanks for the information. Keep sharing such informative post. I am looking for the same info.

myaarpmedicare