[GUIDE] NZBGet 17 DL4100

See new guide below…

Thanks to Hugbug for the awesome app and compiled binaries

Hello,

Thanks for sharing this guide, hopefully this will help other users setup this app with their devices.

I worked with the developer of this app and he was kind enough to get the official Linux installer working on the WD DL2100 and DL4100. This fix will be incorporated into 16 testing and then make it’s way to 15.1 stable. At that time the app will be super easy to install and update as needed without waiting on WD to release an updated bin file to the app store.

You will still have to wait for WD to release an official app to the app store in order for the app to automatically start on a system boot or reboot.

nfodiz

@nfodiz Mate, can you please have a look at my request in the other thread  http://community.wd.com/t5/My-Book-Live/GUIDE-Debrick-MyBookLive-v2-0/td-p/567582/page/13? Sorry for the interruption here.

He can some one help me get nzbget running on my new WD MyCloud PR4100 the people that did sell it to me they did say nzbget was easy to install by apps menu but there is no nzbget app

so i all ready have a very bad feeling about the wd products please help me

1 Like

Tom, I don’t have the PR4100 but I do have the DL4100 which I believe is VERY similar. Here’s all you gotta do…

Login to your PR4100 dashboard and turn on SSH
Settings → Network → Toggle SSH on and set a password

If using Windows download Kitty
If using OSX use the Terminal app

Login to the WD device with Kitty or OSX Terminal

For Kitty you need to fill in:
IP Address of the device
Port :22
Connection type: SSH

Login and when prompted for username and password use the following
username: sshd
password: whatever you set for the password when you enabled SSH (Note the password won’t show up in the terminal as you type it)

You should then be presented with something like this

BusyBox v1.20.2 (2014-10-30 15:29:55 CST) built-in shell (ash)
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

root@WDMyCloudDL4100 root #

At the # type the following and hit enter

cd /mnt/HD/HD_a2/Nas_Prog

Now type the following and hit enter again

wget --no-check-certificate https://github.com/nzbget/nzbget/releases/download/v17.0/nzbget-17.0-bin-linux.run

Now change the files permission so it is executable by typing the following and hitting enter

chmod 777 nzbget-17.0-bin-linux.run

Now lets install nzbget… Type the following and hit enter

./nzbget-17.0-bin-linux.run

Now we can start the nzbget daemon

cd /mnt/HD/HD_a2/Nas_Prog/nzbget && ./nzbget -D

Done!

Now in your browser type
ip address of your PR4100:6789
example… 192.168.1.5:6789
username: nzbget
password: tegbzn6789

It’s best NOT to change any settings in the PATHS setting in nzbget. Just leave them as their default

I created a folder from my DL4100 dashboard called for example Downloads and just point to that where required in the Category settings. EX… /shares/Downloads

Note that if your NAS is powered down for any reason, you will need to start nzbget again as documented above as the OS won’t let you autostart the app (crontab, etc) as any changes you make to the OS are also lost on a reboot. If this is gonna be an issue then you would want to install nzbget via a docker image in their repository which can have a bit of a learning curve if you have never used this great program before.

Hope this helps you out
nfodiz

4 Likes

Thank You so much for this, I installed nzbget using your guide on my PR4100 and it is working flawlessly. Is there a guide like this to install sonarr and couchpotato as well?

Thank you so much, your still helping people in 2017, this has been killing me. Just picked up my PR2100 couple days ago and usually can accomplish things faster haha. Thanks again.

@nfodiz Hey thanks for the awesome guide! Still helping in 2019. I am able to download and unpack the files properly with nzbget, I just am unable to find where they are located on my mapped network drive on windows. What do you have your MainDir as if you don’t mind me asking? Hopefully these two pictures help. Thanks again so much!

MainDir should be simply /shares/Public/Downloads

FYI, nzbget is available on www.wdcommunity.com as a 3rd party app.
It comes with a working configuration and auto start on NAS reboot.

@Tfl That’s awesome! Just installed it. However I get the below whenever i go to my IP:6789

Hmmm… I can’t reproduce that.
Which browser are you using?

You should be able to login with nzbget - tegbzn6789.