Automated downloading? How to configure NZBGet on ex2100 NAS

Hi all,

Is someone able to run down how I may be able to get my install of NZBGet operational on my MYCloud ex2100 such that I can have automated downloading?

I see apps like Sonarr, NZBget, CounchPotato and so on, but af far as I can tell, NZBget is the only one available for WD NAS. I see Transmission too, but that would be manual downloading.

I have not yet signed up for a Usenet account as I am unsure if set and forget downloading is possible on WD NAS.

My goal would be automated downloading of series which are then plugged into Plex.

Appreciate any help.

Thanks!

Hello,

I have never tried this. I believe some users have tried installing this app. Lets see if if they can scheme on this thread.

Bump
Anyone?

codfish,

I have an EX4100 but believe it is similar enough to the EX2100.

You need to look at enabling SSH on the unit and then look at installing something to allow installation of third party apps. I use entware-ng on mine, so do a Google search and see how you go. I have Couch Potato installed but don’t use it, but do you SickRage for my series downloads.

Another thing to consider once you enable SSH is to look at docker containers as well.

Cheers,

JediNite

1 Like

Thanks for the help!

There’s an option within the mycloud web panels to enable SSH, and install 3rd party apps. The list of click-to-install apps is pretty dated.

The latest ex2100 firmware is 2.21.126, and I saw @Nazar78 had created Sickrage for version 4+.

Curious if SickRage might work on v2.21.126, but don’t want to risk a brick.

Cheers,
fish

Codfish,

I run sickrage and just use a custom git pull of it rather then anything that has been built by anyone else. Works well. Just make sure that if you install entware-ng, that you also install the python and other packages that sickrage requires as well.

If you do decide to install entware-ng, then I can give you a listing of the packages I installed to get it going…

Cheers,

JediNite

1 Like