Giving up on getting WDTV live hub to work, anyone know alternatives?

I’ve spent the past ten days posting like crazy in here trying to get my live hub to work, but it just won’t connect.

I’ve accepted the fact this was a complete waste of money but I still need a system that can do what live hub does. Can anyone tell me of competitors that offer the same hard drive that can stream media?

Asside from not being able to map the Hub on your Windows PC (even though you said it does show up in your Network), what is it that you can’t do that has you so upset?  What are you missing?  You say here that it won’t “connect” but in another post you said you were able to stream Netflix to your Hub. So what is it you can’t do?  What did you buy it for that you’re unable to configure?

I converted all my DVD and blurays to digital on my main PC but don’t want to watch them on my PC so I bought the Live Hub so I could transfer these files to the 1 TB drive and watch them on my TV.

The Hub is connected to the web, shows up on my network, and appears to be functioning normally, however, when I try to move files there are no folders shown and am unable to map the Hub no matter how intense of a search I use to locate the problem.

I’ve been googling error messages and trying to hunt down the problem for several weeks now, spending at least some time every single day on this. I’m getting frustrated because I appear so close to a solution, but alas, I fall short each and every attempt.

I’ve all but given up on the Live Hub and am asking if anyone knows of a similar product that can do the same thing. Once I order that I want to take my Live Hub out back and go Office Space on it with a baseball bat and tire iron.

You said that your WDTVLIVEHUB appears in the Network Section in your Windows PC File Explorer.  What happens when you click on WDTVLIVEHUB entry there?  Do you get an error?  Can you see the hard drive in the Hub?

When I open Explorer I see the Network section and see all the devices currently on the network, including the Hub. Yet when I click on the Hub nothing appears, there are no sub folders and it appears that I cannot do anything. I can’t drag files into it or anything.

When I click on any of the other devices on the network I see files, can move items around, etc, all normal.

tonyclifton5 wrote:

When I open Explorer I see the Network section and see all the devices currently on the network, including the Hub. Yet when I click on the Hub nothing appears, there are no sub folders and it appears that I cannot do anything. I can’t drag files into it or anything.

When I click on any of the other devices on the network I see files, can move items around, etc, all normal.

Could you post a picture of the windows explorer screen or the WD Link screen?

Cheers

Have you done a Device Reset (via the System menu)?  Did you purchase your Hub used or is it new?  You said nothing happens when you left click, what do you see when you right click on your WDTVLIVEHUB when its listed in your Network?

refering back to the original thread… the last post was

_ This is the error I keep getting: _

_   _

_ Error code: 0x80070035 The network path was not found _

Did you research into that error code ?

Found a post here by someone with the same error and error messages, but they could’nt map their MyBookWorld

http://community.wd.com/t5/Other-Network-Drives/I-can-t-access-mybookworld-on-windows-7/td-p/634693

I would recommend trying the solutions offered in the link Ichigo posted as it sounds like a Windows issue.

i had a similar probem, i formatted my laptop and reinstalled win7, solved my problem

I did research the **bleep** out of that error code, spent two solid days but the only “solution” I found, which was on several forums, was this but when I open Control Panel in Win 7 there is no Network Connections to click. I’ve tried this for a few days but it just ended in a dead end. 

1. Ensure NetBIOS over TCP/IP is enabled on both computers

====================================================

1)     Go to “Control Panel - Network Connections”.

2)     Right-Click on the connection and click Properties.

3)     Find Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) Version 4 in the list.

4)     Click Properties, and then click Advanced.

5)     On the Advanced TCP/IP settings windows, go to “WINS” tab.

6)     Under NetBIOS setting, click Enable NetBIOS over TCP/IP, and then click OK.

tonyclifton5 wrote:

1. Ensure NetBIOS over TCP/IP is enabled on both computers

====================================================

1)     Go to “Control Panel - Network Connections”.

2)     Right-Click on the connection and click Properties.

3)     Find Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) Version 4 in the list.

4)     Click Properties, and then click Advanced.

5)     On the Advanced TCP/IP settings windows, go to “WINS” tab.

6)     Under NetBIOS setting, click Enable NetBIOS over TCP/IP, and then click OK.

Do it through Network & Sharing Centre

Select Change Adapter Setting, right click on your connection (lan or wifi) & select properties

Select your TCP/IPV4

Select properties, then Advanced in next window, then WINS in next window and there you are

Cheers

Tony,

i don’t know if anyone’s asked you this but can you access the Hub’s setup screens & Network Configuration Screens? If you can, Have you checked to make sure you’ve set up the NETWORK Shares ability (DLNA)?

I’ve not gotten the error messages you see, but the time I set up my HUB, I was on an XP machine and I couldn’t see into the HUB’s file system UNTIL I’d gone INTO the Hubs’ Setup screen & NETWORK screens and checked ON the Network SHARE (DLNA) option. I may not be stating this correctly, but someone else may know how to say what i mean in a better way for you to understand.