Firmware 04.04.03-113 Discussion

As indicated both in the New Release - WD My Cloud Firmware Version 04.04.03-113 (5/23/16) thread and in the News & Announcements firmware 04.04.03-113 for the single bay My Cloud has been released.

Release notes: http://support.wdc.com/download/notes/WD_My_Cloud_Firmware_Release_Notes_04.04.03-113.pdf

Firmware Version 04.04.03-113 (05/23/2016)
Resolved Issues:
 Resolved issue of USB shares being renamed after a reboot
 Minor bug fixes

Direct Download Link: http://download.wdc.com/nas/sq-040403-113-20160510.zip

Haven’t yet updated the firmware. Wonder if it helps with slow SMB and AFP on OS X ?

Updated fine no issues so far. Do wonder what the “Minor bug fixes” actually fixed.

perhaps this fixed the issue related to losing sync with safepoints (this happened to users after updating to 2-105) ? lately i also noticed on my dashboard the free space shown is 3.8TB … problem with this is that i have a 4TB capacity and I know I have used about 65% of that, it should say my free space is about 1.2-1.3TB … odd

i’m on 1-112 and perhaps i might consider doing this firmware update - but before that i need to know some things:

can i update directly to 3-113 from 1-112 ? or must i have 2-105 first ?
should i turn off any features in the dashboard prior to updating ? I have safepoint on, cloud access on, etc.

anyone have issues with 3-113 so far ?

Installed today. Blinking yellow light ever since. Waited 2 hours, power cycled - still blinking yellow light. Pushed the reset button for 4 seconds. No change.

Arrrrgh!!! WD did you just brick me?!? HELP!!!

have you tried a system restore? It dos restore the sytem but your data is untouched.

on my system it fixed the freespace and used issue so that it is shown the use in color

Hopefully someone who was experiencing this issue and didn’t perform the workaround/fix previously discussed in other threads can comment on that issue with the new firmware. Since performing the workaround I’ve stopped having the problem with the USB drive name being duplicated and the Safepoint backup entry being lost.

Do you have a USB hard drive attached to the My Cloud? If so, and you have USB Content Availability enabled under Dashboard > Settings > General > Cloud Access? If so that’s why the free space is showing a different value. When USB Content Availability is set to on it will include the USB hard drive(s) free space in the Dashboard Home page Capacity free space total.

Yes

No. However it might be a good idea to turn on SSH via the Dashboard just incase there are problems. Sometimes if something goes wrong with the firmware upgrade one may be able to fix or issue the update command via SSH if the My Cloud is unreachable post upgrade.

Cannot speak for others but so far I’m not having any problems. Give it a day or three to see if more issues come to light as people use the various features of the My Cloud that’s been upgraded with the new firmware. Usually it takes that long for the minor small things to crop up. Big issues (like the USB/Safepoint issue from the previous firmware version) are usually seen and reported very quickly.

thanks Bennor

yes ive got usb storage availability on, i should turn that off … for some reason i thought that switch would improve access to contents of the usb drive when i use the cloud app. what exactly is the switch meant to accomplish ?

ill turn on ssh before updating.

is the cleaner way to do this by downloading the firmware file and udating via upload file option ?

Yes. Last night before I went to bed I hit the reset button for 1 min. This morning still blinking yellow. This stinker is going back to the mother ship. I’ll let Costco deal with this one.

Supposedly it was put there to toggle the ability to see attached USB storage while connected remotely. In reality it appears to do a little bit more then that. In the past some have had trouble with the switch not disabling access to the USB drive when connected remotely.

Don’t think it really matters how the upgrade is done, either via the upgrade option within the Dashboard or by downloading the file separately to the local computer and using the file upgrade option within the Dashboard.

Update: I was just pulling out the drill to ensure my private data remained that way and the darn thing turned blue with fear. The 2nd 40 second reset did the trick. Now… do I do the update again? Lol… ummmm… no. Fool me once WD and shame on you. Fool me twice and I can’t get fooled again!

First thing I was aware of this firmware was when my cloud helpfully emailed my in the middle of the night, first to tell me it was available and then three hours later that it had been installed. Now I can’t log in through the web portal. The two things might not be connected but I was able to last week :frowning: very frustrating

[EDIT] A few hours later and I can access again so apparently nothing to do wit the firmware update - hurrah!

you do not need to do the update again. Go into the dashboard and check the firmware, It should show 04.04.03-113, By the way good that the 40sec reset did the trick.

Yep. That’s the number on this thing. I did the MyCloud desktop thing, unchecked the automatic update (so I don’t have to go through this again!) and it looks like things are working again. Thanks for your help.

Same issues with mine, I guess once wd get their money they forget what customer care is. I think they hired their software engineers from Vatican, cause you have to pray for the software to work. Very poorly executed update!

Hi All,

After upgrading to the latest FW version 04.04.03.113 all seems to be working fine. However I have created a new share after the upgrade and that is now seen as “attached storage device” when logging in via www.mycloud.com.

When connecting to my Mycloud with the Windows Explorer (Windows 10) and connecting with a MAP drive in my case W: all works fine.

Question is how is this possible because I do not have any disks attached to the Mycloud at all. I have turned off all other functions just port forwarding Internet connection is on.
Cheers.

Have you tried turning off remote access via the Dashboard > Settings page, waiting a few minutes, then turning it back on and checking the MyCloud.com web portal again?

I’ve created several shares post firmware upgrade and do not experience or see a Share being treated as a USB mount point.

Hi Bennor,

Thanks, I have tried that however still the same result. Afterwards I have deleted the troublesome share and created a new one without the above problem so all is working fine again.

Thanks for your time.

Actualizado, todo OK. :+1:t3: