EX4 firmware upgrade fails from 2.12.127 to 2.12.144

Hi, new to forum. I have tried to manually upgrade, also to allow the NAS to do the upgrade and it always fails. Does download O.K. but the UPDATE firmware/ upgrading percent is always zero and never shows any percent. Takes forever. I let it sit for a few hours and came back to “system in standby” with old firmware. I notice the notes say to stop all apps, etc, but just what do I have to do on the NAS to stop anything or prep it for a firmware upgrade? I don’t have any apps running but are there items that have to be stopped/modified on the NAS? I hope I can get this going as the GUI is horribly slow and so is transfer rate. The GUI says the drives are healthy. Thanks in advance.

Hi @k1lbg ,

Please refer to the below link article How to Auto Update Firmware on a My Cloud:

Hi Keerti_01,
Thank You for the response. I’ve already done both several times with the same result. In my original post you will see that something is wrong with the process when the update percentage never changes. I’ve tried the short reboot and long reboot as well. However, I looked at the release notes and if I am correct the only purpose of the upgrade is to have the system display that end of support is coming. Is this the only purpose for the upgrade? If so, I don’t have to keep trying to do the upgrade.

Hi,

I appreciate that you have performed the troubleshooting steps.

Please contact the WD Technical Support team for best assistance and troubleshooting:
https://support-en.wd.com/app/ask