Error 31520 - Cannot establish remote access connection

Hello,

I try to configure remote access, but I have got an error message
Cannot establish remote access connection. Make sure you are connected to the Internet. (Error 31520)

I tried also Manual port configuration. Ports are accessible from internet. Apache2 responds on those ports.
But still I have got this error.

Is there anybody who can help me?
I think the problem can also be that the website was changed from wd2go . com to mycloud . com
Or the API become old for mycloud . com I do not know.

I found some warnings in log
[warn] RSA server certificate wildcard CommonName (CN) `.device** . wd2go . com’ does NOT match server name!?

Thank you
Roman

2 Likes

Hi romanh,

We have sent a message. Please check your Community Message Inbox.

Hi, i am also experiencing the same problem. Is there a solution?

I also have some more problems. After a short while from power on, my wd live duo stops dlna server and apache2 server. I couldn’t find how to fix these issues. Is there a new version of firmware? I’m using latest firmware from 2015.

Regards
Taner

Same problem. It’s definitely the domain name change from wd2go.com to mycloud.com. Any solution?

1 Like

Can you send me the fix also? I have a my book live. Connection Status is showing error code 31520.

Same problem here. How to fix?

Did you resolved the problem, please can share the solution, if it was resolved?

May i have the solution too, if it was resolved, i present the same problem!

I’m also looking for a solution!

I solved by going to the UI address, Settings > Remote Access, and then unchecking/rechecking “Enable”.

I’ll come back here if the problem regresses.

Was there any solution found ??

I’m also getting the same error. It started 2 weeks ago at most.
Tried disabling and re-enabling Remote Access but without success.
Also restarted the whole network environment (ASUS Router + WD MyBookLive NAS), but still getting the same error (Cannot establish remote access connection. Make sure you are connected to the Internet. (Error 31520)).

From the comments above, I take it that this issue may have been triggered by a domain name change in the cloud servicing server.
Does anyone know of a solution?
Will we get a new firmware or a way to update the cloud service URL?

I’m getting this on my WD Cloud. The firmware is 2.30.165 but when I try and update this I get unable to connect to firmware update server.
I’ve tried disabling and re enabling and get the Trying to establish remote access etc followed by Cannot establish remote etc. I’ve tried reboots and switching off fire walls. Strangely it was working perfectly in the UAE upto a fortnight since but on return home to the UK. it’s stopped working. I’ve tried to send a diagnostic report via Help but I get an Error on update support log. I have the zip files with the logs in if anyone needs them, though I’ve no idea how to get them there.

Did anyone find a solution to this?

I called WD who were more than useless.

I’m also having this issue. I tried to disable and enable remote access. I got the same error.

Cannot establish remote access connection. Make sure you are connected to the Internet. (Error 31520)

We are all having the same problem here, me too exactly the same and tried almost everything from above. Error 31520 insists.

We bought this product to have a big private cloud to access anytime, anywhere, and that’s not happening anymore, all of a sudden.

We are still waiting for a solution from a big company such as Western Digital

From the mobile app the units are then accessible, but from the mycloud.com still nothing…

It also looks like a certificate problem because that link goes for the wd2go site

Same issue over here, suddenly, after using this for years without any problems.
WD please come with a fix for this asap!

1 Like

Support got back to me. I had to set mine up with the following instructions. I even forwarded ports on my router setup. Mine is working now. The 3TB My Book Live purchased in may of 2012 lives to fight another day.

I thought I was up for another NAS.

https://support-en.wd.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/23735

This only works for acces with the app, and i have to test it for several units in my network. The online platform files.mycloud.com does not accept this routing. So there might be an update for a link or url or something.