Cannot establish remote connection (error 31520)

I had to restart my two My Book Live drives yesterday and now both of them come up with the error “Cannot establish remote access connection. Make sure you are connected to the internet. (Error 31520).” Up until then both drives have been working fine and I have had access via MyCloud.

On the Newtwork tab both say that the internet connection is good, I have internet connection from the router and can see and access both drives on my network.

I have seen others with this issue but no posted soution. What do I need to do to restore remote access?

4 Likes

I have the same issue. Have tried disabling Remote Connection and re-enabling but no Joy.
My network connection is sound.

1 Like

Experiencing the same issue. Something on the WD end.
Device shows logged in and connected to the internet. Cannot access from the my cloud app or the web site.

I am having same problem, and have tried all solutions I have come across so far, and no joy!

1 Like

At an earlier point in troubleshooting, I launched the diagnostic test on the utilities tab, and it has not gotten past 90% after about 40 minutes ?!

1 Like

I’m having the same issue. Is there any other way to get files off your MyBook? I’ve tried connecting the ethernet port directly to my computer, but connecting that way only take me to the UI as if I had connected via the IP address.

It’s definitely the domain name change from wd2go.com to mycloud.com .

No solution provided.

Happened to me exactly the same - WD worked until it needed a reboot.
Looks like WD is once again displaying their attitude towards their customers.

2 Likes

It is amazing they don’t dare to show here. Let’s go to twitter and ask them

Having issues too. getting error “30500 and 32102 internal server error. Please retry last operation.”

I am getting a “Remote Access Disabled” error message on my iPhone app.

On the My Book LIve it won’t establish a connection.

Presumably this is the same error. Although it still serves my limited needs, I think it’s time demote the My Book and look to another brand as I am tired of the finicky and unreliable nature of this device. And maybe a more modern App would work better too.

1 Like

Still no solution to this?

I am at a loss.

Mine wouldn’t even get past 20% until I gave up.

I started seeing the same issue in My Book Live around the time of the opening post.
Error is the same most posters have reported:
“Cannot establish remote access connection. Make sure you are connected to the Internet. (Error 31520)”

Network tab shows “Internet Access: Good” so it’s not a network issue.
From the WD2Go app, getting a “Remote access disabled” error.

Firmware version: MyBookLive 02.43.10-048 : Core F/W

I guess WD considers this product already obsolete and won’t bother to provide us with a fix.

2 Likes

I have same issue. Just started after reboot. I can no longer access my files of MyBookBackup and MyBookLive remotely. Apparently it’s to do with the domain change from WD 2Go. I bought the MyCloud disk and installed. It’s connected to my router and I can access via my PC. I backed up my files to it no problem. However, it is not accessible from MyCloud or remotely. What’s going on?

How were you able to access your files? I can’t seem to find a way in to do any backups. Thanks in advance for your help.

have you learned anything on this? I can’t get to my files.

Had the same thing happen to me. Lost remote mycloud access. “Cannot establish remote access connection. Make sure you are connected to the internet. (Error 31520).”

Deleted the Mobile Access Accounts and the the Web Access accounts and now receive a connection status of " Ready. Your device is ready for Remote Access. Please navigate to the sections below to add mobile access or register for a web access account.

The moment I try to add access to either a Mobile Device or Web Access the Connection status noted above.

Tried to include a clip of the ready status and no access accounts.

Anyway I hope it get fixed as the MYCLOUD app or web site no longer work for me.

I was able to log into my UI using then IP address and connected my wd passport backup drive to the back of the my book then created a backup. It took 12hrs since I hadn’t done a backup in a while. Once the backup finished I plugged the passport into my computer and I was able to retrieve all the files. I obviously learned my lesson and am now using a cloud service instead.

Has anyone ever found a solution to this problem?

I also have the same issue - I have searched the Internet and there would seem to be no solution from WD. I expect the response would be to “buy the latest drive”. Anybody found a way round this?