Drive Status:Fault but still operating normally

When I login to my WdMyCloud Diagnostics it shows drive status in fault with a red exclamation point but I can up/download data without a problem. Should I be concerned?

In the Dashboard have you run a full test? See image below. Click on, tap or activate image to enlarge it.

Hello, any update on this? I have the same issue. I already ran the full test but still have the “fault” status. help please. thank you.

1 Like

please update me ASAP

same issue here, plz update

Update what?

One can do what has been previously suggested and perform a system diagnostics test on their My Cloud device. But in the end there are certain errors that cannot be fixed. Hard drives can and do fail. Some will last for many years before failing. Drives can slowly fail over time while continuing to be accessible.

One can use SSH to access their My Cloud device and run the following command that will return some S.M.A.R.T. drive data that might tell a user what is wrong with the hard drive.

smartctl -H /dev/sda

If the hard drive is failing one can replace the hard drive on a single bay/single drive My Cloud using one of the various unbrick methods previously discussed in numerations past discussions/posts. Use the forum search feature (magnifying glass icon upper right) and search for “unbrick”.