Device is Offline + Slow White Light 🪦💡

Just went to access files on my mycloud drive, but it’s apparently offline. Nothing I do seems to bring it back, and there’s no way to access any of my files. I’ve rebooted the device and am seeing a slow breathing / blinking white light, and have been for the past few hours.

I’ve taken steps that I’ve seen mentioned in other threads, but with zero success.

Would love some help so I can get the files off this defective device and backed-up onto something more safe and predictable.

What I’ve done:

• Turned off/on while removing/pugging-in the ethernet cable
  • Did a 4, 40, and 60 second reset
  • I’m using a brand-new ethernet cable
  • I’ve checked DHCP reservation pool
  • Waited hours between resets

Other details:

• The drive is not showing up on my router

I’m experiencing a very similar problem as this thread has detailed:

I did the reset 60 seconds and it reboot after 5-10seconds and rebooted again went to slow blinking one more time.

There is no body taking about the reset take how long ,there is no sign talking about the reset looks like what ,there is no repond after i tried those in few days for “reset” this thing…

there is no counter check about what is failed reset looks like seems it so easy fail in my case.

So dispointed ,and i will go return this unit to WD for a replacement ,so confuse so misleading so disater,.

Did it say anything about update?

Because this is exactly what happened with my drive two days ago. It is blinking ever since.

Ad just to be clear do you have “my could home” drive? i.e. something looking like this:

In either case - if either of you have one of the above devices and could return it - DO IT! Sadly for me by the time I realised how bad it is is, it was too late to return it and I have been stuck with this horror for 3 years now. Not reliable, slow and not safe to keep data on.