Current docs for wd ex2 and accessing via explorer on windows 10 pro

I could not find a matching category for EX2 on widows 10, is there one what should I use?

I’m trying to setup my WD MyCloud EX2 on windows 10 Pro, where can I find current windows 10 setup software?

I can access my device using http://wdmycloudex2/ I can also ping the device

ping wdmycloudex2

Pinging wdmycloudex2 [192.168.0.4] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 192.168.0.4: bytes=32 time=3ms TTL=64
Reply from 192.168.0.4: bytes=32 time=3ms TTL=64
Reply from 192.168.0.4: bytes=32 time=1ms TTL=64
Reply from 192.168.0.4: bytes=32 time=2ms TTL=64

But I cannot get windows explorer to find it when I use \wdmycloudex2 I get “the network name cannot be found” same problem if I use the ip address. Can someone give me some pointers

Are you using forward slashes or backward slashes?

One way in yields the device in the file explorer. The other way will open the dashboard in a browser window

In file explorer I am using backslashes

\wdmycloudex2

I found the problem I needed to add the credentials for the admin account on the NAS to the windows credentials manager. After doing this I was able to access the driver using windows explorer. The error message from windows was hardly a good description of the real problem

Huh. I would not have thought that.

I use the standard Win10 suite. I find that if I hook up a new mycloud device, that upon access that it will ask for credentials. Those are stored in the credential manager.

Trouble comes when I want to access a share on the device using a different set of credentials. I find that Windows doesn’t like having a device on the network with two distinct sets of credentials. (to access a different user; I actually have had to go in and delete credentials)

I did not find any windows 10 software for mycloud ex2 on the website does it exist?

Mark

They used to have some tools. . . most of them have become obsolete over time.

Currently, I generally access the drive via windows file explorer. . . .it serves my needs QUITE well.
VLC on my tablet also seems to find and can read the drive for playing videos.

What more do you really need?

Now. . .there is backup software and whatnot. . .I don’t bother much with that. (I am a drag/drop sort of guy)(I do use sychronization software that reads network drives as easily as local drives)

On the device it self; I occasionally use USB functionality (for transfering files) as well as PLEX.