Copied files non visible in any browser

And this is Smartware from Mac.
Only place where folders and files are OK.
In my book, this WD file management is a MESS.
Compared to this, iCloud is a breeze (and iCloud can be messy…).

Have you tried using a file manager…?

I won’t ask again.

I use WDMyCloudMirror in Mac. You can see the screen copies, do you ?
Can you do me a favor and explain why WD Sync is full of empty contents ?

No.

Best of luck.

OK I think it is now making some sense. Just to clarify. If you use the Mac Finder and view all other Shares on the My Cloud OTHER than the WD Sync Share, you see the contents of that Share and files/folders within that Share, correct? It is ONLY the WD Sync Share where you do not see any contents in the folder. Correct?

If so that is a failing of the WD Sync program. If you manually copy the files using Mac Finder do the files show up in that WD Sync Share (or subfolders within that Share)?

If you are using WD Sync and it is not properly copying over files that is a common complaint that others have made, and which can be found by searching this subforum (using the magnifying glass icon upper right) for “WD Sync”. If you want to sync files and are only syncing locally (not remotely) then do what others have done. Use third party programs like Free File Sync (https://www.freefilesync.org/) rather than WD Sync.

1 Like

Finally, you confirm what I suspected.
Yes to all your questions.
I will use Chronosync, which I already use for manual backups.

Good UI, very reliable operation.
Thank you so much for your patience and competence.

Still, even MyCloud in itself a mess.
Now DNS down.

Can you access the MY Cloud using it’s IP address in the web browser?

Often DNS issues are unrelated to the My Cloud and indicate some other network issue on the local network.

Which is ?

…assigned by the DHCP server in your router. Check your router’s IP assignment table.

BTW, we don’t work for WD. The tone of your replies suggest you think we do. We’re just customers, like you, trying to help out a fellow user. We’re spending our time trying to do you a favour.

I know no one here works for WD. I’m used to IT :grin: forums.
I warmly thanked Bennor for his patience, so I don’t see your point.
If I ask, it’s because no WD address is visible in DHCP server.
Thank you

Access your router’s administration page. Typically there will be a listing of devices and their IP address connected to the router. This assumes you have not set a static IP within the My Cloud Dashboard page.

If the My Cloud is inaccessible, what color is teh front LED on the My Cloud? Is it blue?

Other troubleshooting steps, if you cannot access the My Cloud try turning off the router and My Cloud, wait a few minutes, then turn the router back on and wait for the router to boot up and stabilize, then turn the My Cloud on and wait for the front LED to turn blue.

Thank you. Always blue.
I’ll try this.

Here is a simple utility that will scan your network and list all devices with there ip and mac addresses.

Thank you but Windows only.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?safe=active&q=wakeonlan+macos

Done.
Excellent.
And yes, WD is accessible through IP.
Thank you

The fact that you can access the MyCloud via its IP address, and it’s front LED is blue indicates that it is working correctly.

The fact that you had a DNS problem warning, and you cannot access the device by name suggests that there is a problem with the local DNS server in your router, or whatever DNS server you are using. I suspect that if you resolve the DNS issue, your MyCloud will be accessible reliably.

Well, the whole setup here is recent (2013 for electrical and hardwire,
2017 for router and hub itself).
It’s been revised 2 months ago by phone company with a brand new router
and rewired to the street.
Moreover, the iMac is connected directly to the network
by Ethernet cable,
bypassing the router to avoid any block. Cisco routers
used by phone company here are infamous for
having security protocols creating conflicts with Mac.
Since then, access is pretty flawless and fast (80 Mbps
and 30 Mbps).

So are your iMac and MyCloud on the same IP subnet? If not, that might cause trouble. It might even be that any accesses between iMac and MyCloud might actually be going via the internet, rather than remaining entirely within your local network.