Copied files non visible in any browser

Dashboard indicates 90,85 Gb have been copied correctly, on a new folder named “Other”.
MyCloud folders displays only Videos, Photos and Music folder. The folder I created disappears from MyCloud, while it is visible in Dashboard.
Tried in 4 browsers, including Safari and Chrome on Mac.
Re-initialised system. No avail.
Phone support WD non reachable.
What’s this business ?

Where is the folder called “Other” located? In the Public folder? Or did you create the folder Other in some other Share (or create a Share called Other)? Can you post a screen shot of the Public Share using Windows File Explorer/Mac Finder or with the My Cloud Desktop program?

Because you are using the Mirror you may want to (if you haven’t already) see and or search through the dedicated My Cloud Mirror subforum where people more knowledgeable about the Mirror may be able to assist. This subforum is generally for the single bay My Cloud model.

https://community.wd.com/c/personal-cloud-storage/wd-my-cloud-mirror

Edit to add: The My Cloud Dashboard, at least for the single bay My Cloud models, DOES NOT show subfolders names within a Share. On the Home Dashboard (again for the single bay My Cloud models) screen, the graphic and values for; Movies, Photos, Music, Other, and Free are generic and NOT specific to only the folders listed in the main Public Share. Instead those values show what the My Cloud scanned for the ENTIRE DRIVE contents not just one single folder or one single Share.

Thank you.
WD UI is very confusing.
To sum it up : when connecting in “Shared” from my MacBook Pro, it appears under a Smartware folder.
This Smartware folder is invisible from my iMac. Go figure.
This Smartware folder is also invisible under My Cloud Mirror.

oud. Go figure.

Did you purposefully copy the files to the Smartware Share? If so why? Were you using the Smartware program to backup the files? The Smartware folder is generally used by the WD Smartware program to store the backups created by the Smartware program. Depending on what program or app you use to access the My Cloud, the Smartware and Time Machine Shares or files/folders within those two Shares may not be visible or accessable to certain WD programs/apps. And those two Shares may also be exempted from other scanning done by the My Cloud which includes canning for media files used by the Twonky DLNA server.

Reason why it’s all very confusing.
I created the “Other” folder a month ago, simply by clicking to create a new folder in My Mirror. I did not use Smartware and did not create anything in it. I only downloaded it today, to create a Smartware backup, distinct from Time Machine.

Was the “Other” folder created as a Share using the My Cloud Dashboard?

Or did you create the “Other” folder WITHIN an existing Share (top level “folder”) on the My Cloud?

It was created on the existing share, in My Cloud, same level as Photos, Music, Videos folders.
So now, as said in #1, the 90 Gb space used do appear in Dashboard, but the folder itself is nowhere to be seen.
Instead of losing time figuring it out, I also could initialise the drive and re-load the folders. The only gripe I have is I wouldn’t want to have it occurring again.
When I create folders in my other backups (iCloud or Amazon Drive), they never just disappear from display being physically there. :dizzy_face:

What happens (if you haven’t done so already) if you change the name of the folder? Is it still not visible?

I may have missed it but what program or software created the folder?

What happens (if you haven’t done so already) if you create the same folder in another Share (other than Safepoint or TimeMachine or Public)? Is it still not visible?

Can you create additional folders within that Public Share that are visible?

This becomes more and more weird.
I’ll try to explain…

See attachments ?
All folders WD Sync are empty on My Cloud. There are only the titles of the folder, but zero files inside. I must tell you that when I created that Autre folder and copied subfolders and files in it last month, I double checked and they were there, with all their GB’s, not just empty boxes with just titles.
And WD is 97 % empty.
On my Shared folder (Mac), Smartware is full of my last sync.
What is this ?

I cannot change the name of the invisible folder… because it is invisible. It’s only visible in Dashboard, with his name and content in Gb. But I cannot see it anywhere… This is ridiculous and time-consuming…

Now Autre is more loaded, but still invisible under mycloudlocal.

As indicated above those entries (Films, Photos, Musique, Autre) under Capacity ARE NOT the names of folders or Shares. If you want to see the Shares click on the Shares tab where you will find a listing of all Shares that have been created on the My Cloud.

All the Capacity field shows is GENERAL information about ALL the files found on the My Cloud and then categorizes them into Films, Photos, Musique (Music), Autre (Other) and then tells you how much Libre (Free) space is left. The value for “Autre” (Other) is showing you ALL the files NOT classified as Film, Photos, or Musique on the My Cloud.

If you haven’t done so already you may want to read the My Cloud Mirror User Manual that can be viewed/downloaded from the WD Support Site to gain a better understanding of the various Dashboard screens and what information is shown on them.

https://support.wdc.com/cat_products.aspx?ID=1

This does not reply to a simple question:

1. I created this folder under My Cloud on July 27.
  2. It was visible, and its contents were too, immediately after I uploaded files and folders (90 Gb).
  3. Today, in My Cloud, it’s not.
  4. Under Shares, there is nothing.
  5. I’ve spent enough time reading the manual. No avail: it does not explain why folder created by user suddenly vanish in thin air, and why WD Sync is an empty box in MyCloud Mirror
  6. Why folders and files already synced are visible (and full) in the MyCloud share from my Mac, and visible (but empty) in My Cloud
  7. I should add that MyCloudmirror is inaccessible from Safari. In need to open it in Opera or Chrome. That’s many problems for a simple sync operation…
    Only possible explanation: Sync is not finished yet and files will cease to be empty boxes when it will.
    I might go back to simple external disks for local backups instead of this messy MyCloud system.
    And Amazon Drive + iCloud as cloud backups that work with no fuss.

Because of the language difference there may be some confusion on both our parts.

How were the files copied to the My Cloud Mirror? Using what program? WD Sync?

How are you accessing the My Cloud Mirror to copy the files? Locally or Remotely?

If locally can you post a screen shot from either Mac Finder or Windows File Explorer of the Share or Folder that does not show up in the Dashboard?

You can perform local backups using Apple Time Machine or if on Windows Smartware or other third party backup programs (free or paid).

If performing local syncing one does not have to use WD Sync they can use any third party sync program that supports access to NAS drives. For remote syncing things are much more complicated and WD Sync is the only official program for syncing files.

If no Shares are listed on the Dashboard Shares page (including Public is not listed) but there ARE Shares listed when viewing the My Cloud using Mac Finder or Windows File Explorer, then perhaps performing a 40 second reset might be advisable to see if that clears up the Dashboard issue. Again the Home page of the My Cloud Dashboard does not list or display Share names just the various files (Music, Video, Photos, Other) that the My Cloud firmware scanning has found on the My Cloud.

https://support.wdc.com/Instructions/?ID=10432

The Dashboard pie chart shows usage by data type, not by folder. The ‘other’ is a file type category, for files that aren’t music, videos, or pictures.

The Dashboard does not show folders or files.

I’d recommend using your file manager to access files, rather than the MyCloud app or MyCloud.com interface.

I know Dboard doesn’t display files or folders.
Why folders and files copies were visible in MyCloud a month ago and are not anymore ?
Why WDSync (in MyCloud) displays empty boxes, mirroring the names of my contents (folders and files),
but empty (0 kb) ?
Unstable UI ?

I don’t know.

What do you mean by ‘MyCloud’? How are you accessing the file server?

All these are EMPTY, but contain folders with the names of my content.

That’s the MyCloud.com interface, is it?

As I said earlier, try accessing using a file manager.

In my Mac, WD Sync is the same mess.